Question

DCVIN

• Member For: 19y 5m 5d

Hi

I test drove an 03 XR6 Turbo today and noticed when the steering is pulled to the right there is a crunching noise comming from the engine bay / front wheels.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is it a major problem or can it be fixed easily?

• Member For: 20y 9m 14d

My car had this too, steering rack needed tightening. Dealer added stainless steel shim too before tightening. Bloody annoying when you are doing slow speed turns in carparks for example.

My car had this too, steering rack needed tightening. Dealer added stainless steel shim too before tightening. Bloody annoying when you are doing slow speed turns in carparks for example.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So its not a major problem? The dealer will fix it under warrenty? Not a reason to not buy it kinda thing?

• Member For: 20y 5m 5d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So its not a major problem? The dealer will fix it under warrenty? Not a reason to not buy it kinda thing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Should be no problem, ford know theres a issue with the steering rack with the stainless steel shims being the "fix" and theres also the issue with the power steering shudder (air in the system), suppose to change a PS hose to "fix" that as well

Shane

I beleive I had this problem come up before the 30k service. they fixed it on warranty. shouldn't be a problem. just make sure if you buy the car, this fix has been done to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they guy is not interested in going to get it done.. too much mucking around for him... will I get the remainder of the warrenty when I buy it off him? can you go to any dealer to get it fixed?

• Team - Anti Rice Blueprint Member # 1
  • Member For: 21y 26d
I beleive I had this problem come up before the 30k service. they fixed it on warranty. shouldn't be a problem. just make sure if you buy the car, this fix has been done to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they guy is not interested in going to get it done.. too much mucking around for him... will I get the remainder of the warrenty when I buy it off him? can you go to any dealer to get it fixed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes you can.

• Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 1d

Have a look at the swaybar too, the linkage to the front suspension can shear and cause similar problems (as the now loose bar fouls on the inside of the rim.)

Not a big problem, new car warranty IS tranferable too.