Jake's Performance In Canberra

bugster70

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d

Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated, and I think they back up my initial feelings. I think that at the end of the day, both Jake and DTS are probably good at what they do. I have now spoken to both (DTS on severla occasions actually) and been out to see DTS in person.

I think that a large part of getting this sort of stuff done is the relationship and trust you have with your tuner. I have to agree with Falchoon that Jake seemd to be VERY knowledgablek, as well as being approachable, down to earth, willing to spend time explaining stuff and generally a great guy. He also seemed to know all the specifics about edits, including the fact that plugs need regapping, etc, and wasn't shy in saying that some cars were bastards to getright and it may end up costing a fair bit if this is the case. I like a bloke who's up front and honest. :blush:

As for the guy at DTS (Pat), whilst I'm sure they do a damn fine job on the APS stuff (and your job in particular sounds just great, 1ute), I'm with Falchoon again in that I really didn't click with him. He was bad mouthing every other product under the sun (except for APS, of course) saying they were absolute crap and that APS was the only way to go. He also argues that if you want more performance from an exhaust, then there was only one way to go - anything else apart from the APS system was a waste of money. Yeah, right. Like Falchoon, I found him to be waaaay too much of a salesman for my liking. No offence 1ute, sounds like he did a good job for you, but I personally wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. Just a gut feeling I had. :spoton:

If and when the time comes for me to massage the T a little, I'm pretty made up in my mind to go to Jake...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 21d
As for the guy at DTS (Pat), whilst I'm sure they do a damn fine job on the APS stuff (and your job in particular sounds just great, 1ute), I'm with Falchoon again in that I really didn't click with him.  He was bad mouthing every other product under the sun (except for APS, of course) saying they were absolute crap and that APS was the only way to go.  He also argues that if you want more performance from an exhaust, then there was only one way to go - anything else apart from the APS system was a waste of money.  Yeah, right.  Like Falchoon, I found him to be waaaay too much of a salesman for my liking.  No offence 1ute, sounds like he did a good job for you, but I personally wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.  Just a gut feeling I had.  :spoton:

If and when the time comes for me to massage the T a little, I'm pretty made up in my mind to go to Jake...

that's fair enough mate.

I'm new to Canberra and had been sold on the APS product previously.

I went to DTS and ordered it (APS) straight up without much chit chat so I would have missed him knocking other products. I found the lady on the desk to be most imformative.

• Member For: 21y 24d

DTS or ming automotive or whatever pat call himself this week do a really good job of selling gear, their setup ............... take the chance if you wish.

Jake is simply without peer in canberra.

• SportCompact.biz
  • Member For: 21y 7m 10d
The last time we found a sensible application for a piggyback computer on an LS1 it was to chock the front wheel to stop it rolling out the workshop.....anyone who argues this point is clearly, and decisively, a simpleton.

In Canberra Jake is the man. Switched on tuner, excellent builder of all things high performance. Stands head and shoulders above anyone else in the area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No wucking forries, we're here to help and we aren't from the Government! :k24t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget to keep us all informed of your progress. :k24t:

And also don't forget to post your before and after dyno charts for Geesman! :wavey:

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 4m 3d

Pat is not the tuner at DTS he is the owner of the establishemnt - if you go to DTS talk to Glen who has all the attributes claimed of 'Jake' and more.

Dingah