Jake's Performance In Canberra

bugster70

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 21d

I was looking on the Capa website to see who the ACT tuner was, and it pointed me to Jake's Performance in Mitchell. Have any Canberra members had anything to do with these guys? Any good/bad news stories?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 22d

I had an APS kit installed at Dynamic Tunning Service in Fyshwick.

No complaints at all.

I got the phase 1 and then the phanse 2 later.

Good service both times.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 7d

I was talking to Jake the other day about Edit on XR6Ts and he is quite knowledgeable and has done a few already. He is a very knowledgeable and capable person with tuning (and building) hipo motors for all sorts of vehicles. A very straight shooter too, not conceited or up himself at all. He said he needs at least a week notice if you want to book your car in.

I have spoken with DTS previously and they aren't really my cup of tea. It was more of a sales pitch than an information session (a la Peter Luxton :laughing: ) and when I mentioned LS1 Edit they reckoned that Unichip was much better (I don't think he even knew what LS1 Edit was).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 22d
I was talking to Jake the other day about Edit on XR6Ts and he is quite knowledgeable and has done a few already. He is a very knowledgeable and capable person with tuning (and building) hipo motors for all sorts of vehicles. A very straight shooter too, not conceited or up himself at all. He said he needs at least a week notice if you want to book your car in.

I have spoken with DTS previously and they aren't really my cup of tea. It was more of a sales pitch than an information session (a la Peter Luxton <_< ) and when I mentioned LS1 Edit they reckoned that Unichip was much better (I don't think he even knew what LS1 Edit was).

Yeah, I dont think DTS are quite up on the edit yet.

I'd be happy enough to get my phase 3 done there though.

A work mate has a turbo RX7 and has had dealings with Jakes.

Edited by 1ute

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 3m 5d

DTS are up on the CAPA edit but choose not to go with this product and are waiting for the APS version.....draw your own conclusions.

They are the sharpest team in the ACT by a country mile but are not risk takers and always deliver. Take a look at the work they have done on LS1 Unichip before dismissing them as giving a sales pitch - that is not their style ....they have been in this game far too long for that sort of approach.

The last time we found a sensible application for a piggyback computer on an LS1 it was to chock the front wheel to stop it rolling out the workshop.....anyone who argues this point is clearly, and decisively, a simpleton.

In Canberra Jake is the man. Switched on tuner, excellent builder of all things high performance. Stands head and shoulders above anyone else in the area.

Edited by Street Tuner

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 28d
The last time we found a sensible application for a piggyback computer on an LS1 it was to chock the front wheel to stop it rolling out the workshop.....anyone who argues this point is clearly, and decisively, a simpleton.

In Canberra Jake is the man. Switched on tuner, excellent builder of all things high performance. Stands head and shoulders above anyone else in the area.

Have to feel sorry for the guy for being in a business relationship with you... :laughing: