Edit & Servicing

Terebro

• Member For: 21y 28d
The edit box stores your tunes in it. Best thing to do is store the stock tune and when you have to get it serviced download the stock maps and when you get it back download the tuned maps :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any truth that Ford servicing departments purposely install so called "ECU updates"..............which in fact plays havic with the ability of the "Edit" to perform once the standard ECU has been reflashed?, or is this just a rumour.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 9m 3d
Is there any truth that Ford servicing departments purposely install so called  "ECU updates"..............which in fact plays havic with the ability of the "Edit" to perform once the standard ECU has been reflashed?,  or is this just a rumour.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's plain wrong !!

The Ford Factory flash can and does play havoc with the piggybacks.

Has no affect of the 'Edit', as you just flash back your own tune when you get your car home :crybaby:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 22d

I have a good example to answer your question.

Mine was in at Ford to have some work done very recently. When I picked the car up, I noticed that they had broken off one of the small hinges which keeps holds the fuse box cover on.

The work I had done, had nothing to do with the ECM, so why would they have needed to open this? More than likely a flash upgrade of the software. NOTE, nothing was mentioned to me about this when I picked up the car.

I didn't particularly care that the upgrade had been done, since 5 minutes later the software was replaced anyway.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d

SIXRT,

Do not forget you have just overwritten the latest update with the Edit.

Next time you go in for service and flash it back to stock, your versions will be conflicting.

Ford will say its version x.xx, yet version y.yy will be on the car. This will make Ford sevice a bit sus because it has gone back a version. :spoton:

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 15d
And you guys are positive that the Service people at ford can't pick it up?

Aren't we allowed to go for services to Ultra Tune etc, which also doesn't void warranty, I'm sure that those guys would never even pick up if a tune existed.

You guys all seemed to have jumped to the conclusion that Ford dealers actually open your bonnet when they service your car. Ever heard of the 40ft spanner? As long as a spanner is waved at your car within 40ft, the service is deemed to have been done. Voila....

A bit harsh but given the experience of some members on this forum, possibly appropriate. :spoton:

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d

Yes Zap, that is the only flaw in the edit. I personally think you are better off being honest with the dealer and saying "hey, I don't want you to touch my edit and just leave the old version in there." I would reset it though to the standard version before lettting the service guys get their mits on it and take it for a drive ...

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you suck the current Ford edit from the car and then download you own edit.

Won't this mean that if you return your car back to standard for service etc, it will be at the last Flash version Ford applied.

So there should be no version missmatch.

Regards

Creepy

OK Creepy, Heres the correction :)

The CAPA Box ONLY uploads into itself your original Ford Factory tune ONCE.

After this, it does not ever reload it. Therefore if Ford does re-flash your car, it will not match that of your Flash Tuners Stock F slot.

The only workaround for this would be to have the CAPA Box reset (use a life, max of 5), then it would re-upload the factory flash back in at next use.

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d
OK Creepy, Heres the  correction :)

The CAPA Box ONLY uploads into itself your original Ford Factory tune ONCE.

After this, it does not ever reload it.  Therefore if Ford does re-flash your car, it will not match that of your Flash Tuners Stock F slot.

The only workaround for this would be to have the CAPA Box reset (use a life, max of 5), then it would re-upload the factory flash back in at next use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you

Creepy

Yes Zap, that is the only flaw in the edit. I personally think you are better off being honest with the dealer and saying "hey, I don't want you to touch my edit and just leave the old version in there." I would reset it though to the standard version before lettting the service guys get their mits on it and take it for a drive ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or put in the Valet tune :w00t2: