Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d

I done nearly 20 hours this weekend, that should be enough for roughly about 3-4 dole cheques in tax I think. Yeah the system works, lol

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

I don't think it's about what you earn so much as it's about what you save. Obviously you need to earn a certain amount just to cover living expenses, but I know people who earn a lot more than I do and they just blow it all. They have no foresight for the future.

I work fulltime, my girlfriend works part time and studies aswell. We've managed to pay rent and still save $40k for a house deposit in 2 years. No doubt to some of you that isn't much and to others it might be a lot, but the bottom line is that we gave up a lot to do it. Had to cut corners where we could and reduce unnecessary spending.

We still allow a certain amount of "play money" from each pay check, which I'm currently putting my share towards a US holiday next May to tour Yellowstone National Park. Without a little bit of freedom you'll go insane!

The overtime I do pays for the things I'd otherwise have to go without. If I don't do overtime then I don't buy those luxury items.

• Like 3

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

going to get some pics of yogi?

Everyone asks that! But yes, among other things. :thumbsup:

2 weeks in Yellowstone doing nothing but seeing the sights and taking photos.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m

Yeah got a mate who is a painter who earns ok money, also works 4 nights a week at Tasty Trucks preparing the food that goes in for the next day. 6 hrs per night at about $29 hour is ok money. He's doing it do he can get ahead quickly and extra every week on his mortgage. He has already cut 5 years on his loan just in 2 years of working part time. Yeah have a social life but also put in the hard yards and it will pay off.

• Like 2

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d

Completely agree with Adams outlook.. I can live comfortably on my base wage.. But often I do 120-140 hours of work in a fortnight.. Get taxed through the arse for it but all I care is that between me and the wife we still have fun, don't worry about the cost of going out and doing things and still save money..

I'm also lucky having a work car which doubles as personal.. However, slowly twisting the wife's arm to get a project car I can build.. I'm thinking EL falcon.. Always liked the look of those things.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 28d

Do it! FG engine, standard turbo, E85 with supporting mods. 10 easy.

• Like 1

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 2d

work when it rains then :crybaby:

And risk catching a cold? Fark that.

These days weekend money's + tax back = play money's. Seems like a good enough system for me so far.

Owning falcon after falcon smashes the savings though.

• Like 3

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 22d

The FG engine would be the idea if I went that way.. But I also like the XF (owned two previously, one to drive and one for spare parts). Have to see what's in good nick and available.