Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Member For: 15y 9m 29d

ive done cat, injectors, stainos airbox/diy battery relocate and valve springs... need better rears to get the power down, tend to light them up too easy as you would have seen :)

lol yea..how much power is it making and who tuned it? manuals are always harder to get going let alone with extra power haha

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 29d

Our 92 Falcon has a cracked head gasket at 225,000. The local mechanic stuck some chemical weld stuff in the coolant which seems to have plugged the hole but its on borrowed time. It's had a hard life though, lots of stop start trips and probably 15-20,000 km's towing more than 1.5t.

Stick an AU steel head gasket in it and it will do another 225,000km

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 3d

92 and 225000... Need to drive it more.

I put around 50k a year on a car. With regular good maintenance I am yet to run into any troubles. All the cars I've had are modified and not driven gently.

Yeah, it averaged about 12,500-15,000 a year until the rents got a Grand Carnival in 2006. Then it stayed pretty still until I got my L's. I was just adding it up and I remember why the K's look low to. The Odometer stopped working in maybe 2003 and Dad took almost a year to get it repaired, lol. So it's probably more like 240,000 if the odo was working the whole time. I'm on track to do almost 25,000 in it this year. Done 18,000 since the beginning of July last year.

Stick an AU steel head gasket in it and it will do another 225,000km

Dad got quoted $2000 to fix it (and put in a few other new parts while it was apart) which seems a bit high. The gearbox is also dying though I think, it has a real nusty clunk going from 1st into 2nd when under load and when moving between P-R-N-D. I've decided I'll get a T before the EOFY sales end :biggrin: and the vibe I've got is that Dad's not going to bother repairing it either. Mum's been pushing him to replace it with something newer and safer for my siblings to learn in anyway so I think it'll just get run till it stops going anymore without spending anymore money on it.

Edited by PookeyMaster