Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 27d

nah matty just a gearbox rebuild

saturday g'd me up so hard I think its time I put a cage in mine and goto calder again

Just put a bogus name and take the plates off if your worried about not being able to run again.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 27d

I dont want to hire a trailer go all the way to calder to do 1 run and get booted

Ah yes fair enough. With the amount of cars that were there on Saturday id like to know whos the person that governs which cars break the tens without a cage.

• Member For: 13y 9m 20d

I was racing at Calder on Saturday night, seen quite a few other XR6s/F6s there - I was in the Ego FG ute with dark argents. Very VERY happy with my time - ran a 12.90 - 1.9 second 60 ft. - completely standard no mods on 19" everyday road tyres.

The ZF auto gearbox was a pain in the ass in my opinion. Very difficult to launch without it going into limp mode and the delay from shifting up a gear before hitting limiter was a pain in the ass (1st to 2nd gear most of the time)!

All in all was a good day I did say Hi to a few people (dont know if your on these forums or not)maybe should organise a drag day with a few more XR6T/F6 people!!

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 5d

dj just go to heathcote. No worries about cage/tailshaft loop

You could do that, but heathcote is a sh*t track

The timing is un reliable, I get pissed off every time I go there that you pay good money but their timing gear isn't accurate, last time I was there at least on all my time slips I got a time but the left lane was 6mph out... FFS I'll just measure the 1/4 mile with the stopwatch on my iPhone over a dirt road track that I have paced out and lost count a few times and thought f*ck it good enough... And that would be a better experience than racing there again