Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Member For: 14y 11m 3d

ha yer that me in the old INFLYT car, I couldnt be bothered spending massive dollars on mine when there was 1 there for sale, I paid 29 and sold mine for 26, so 3 grand upgrade foe a full motor and a 3 speed with 100,000 less kms isnt too bad. So u have a full motor and a bigger turbo now it must be insane, I so want a top mount just saving my pennies lol, oh and yer I thort u had the 9.22 car that's y I was like there is no way in fckn hell im racing him now haha, I just thort it was u cos use are both from over there.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 10d

oh by the way did ya see ya silver mustang f%cking explode jesus christ , biggest fire ball iv ever seeen. I asked him what happend on fullboost forum and he said the torque converter blew up . was so crazy

Its CVE's mustang Haleys Comet.. And its white last time I checked =)

Pauls a good mate of mine, and he said the Ballistic bellhousing is his friend.. He'd have no legs otherwise..

The convertors blew up as you he said

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d

headsex , well tell ya mate in his mustang to not take so long to pre-stage maybe he might not have convo probs. , both runs I saw he took a life time , I feel for the guys he was running . befor the run were it went bang and he ran gasdup , he ran a pink torri drag car and took a good 60secs to get the second light on while the torri was already staged.

• Donating Members

headsex , well tell ya mate in his mustang to not take so long to pre-stage maybe he might not have convo probs. , both runs I saw he took a life time , I feel for the guys he was running . befor the run were it went bang and he ran gasdup , he ran a pink torri drag car and took a good 60secs to get the second light on while the torri was already staged.

The reason he was stalling up for so long was because it was not coming up onto the convertor.. Clearly the convertor was chewing itself up, and degrading performance prior to the explosion.

If you've seen his previous runs on a previous occasion, you will see that he stalls up with the footbrake, and as it creeps into the second stage, he hits the transbrake button. Its the typical Outlaw 10.5 way..

His previous Datalogs, shows he can stall up to 10psi, and be staged on the transbrake all within 15 seconds ready to go, but clearly it was taking longer than normal, and he stuggled to get 8psi.

Previous Calder outting the Car ran 8.58 @ 166mph with a 1.38 odd 60foot.

But of course, there's always a expert behind the fence..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 19d

whoa whoa whoa I call it how I fu%cking see it man u were not there on friday , I just feel for the torri he was runnign cos the comp cars were going headsup.

• Donating Members

You can call it however you want,

But you miss these things.

You don't know if I was there or not.

It was a street meet, not a race meet.

And you were giving some expert advise to suggest not to stall it up for so long. Suggesting that was the cause of the convertor explosion.

Cars like this, You cant "Test" on the dyno or the street, so you don't know what problems they have until you race them.

Looking at the datalogs shows the following details.

The first run of the night, it took 21seconds to stall up prior to release the trans brake, went the 60foot, then lit them up.

The second run, it also took 21seconds to stall it up. ran 8.7

The third run, well, it took 31 seconds to stall up, but he could only get 8psi, clearly the convertor was having issues.

21seconds isn't anywhere out of the ordinary in comparison to a lot of turbo cars I've seen.