Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 25d

Could you sand the top layer off that's not set properly? I not a concreter so don't shoot me down if way off. Then maybe add more on top to set?

He did mention that also apart from adding more

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 15d

Went to the panel beaters today to pick up te stuff I had in the boot of the car - hadnt been able to get it out last week as the boot was jammed shut, and the box I had in there was too big to fit through the gap behind the seats.

While I was there they showed me this:

f3883f52.jpg

Which is a lump in the boot floor caused by a bent chassis rail.

There's stil a chance it'll get repaired - they sent the quote off to the insurance company today. They told me that if it wasn't worth fixing they wouldn't have bothered doing the quote - rather they would have advised the insurance company to write it off.

So fingers crossed. If it does get written off I wont be able to replace it for a couple of months, as right now I can't afford to pay the transfer fee and stamp duty on another one.

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 25d

I mentined the kink boot,, that why I wouldnt put a towbar on my car unless I was towing.. If I was you ill rather a writeoff as you wont get the same amount private selling

Edited by freeze_dk
  • Like 2

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 3d

He did mention that also apart from adding more

Because topping it isn't something you could do yourself. Nor will it be a hard finish. It would just look good.

Grinding is the best option for a pitted slab.

For your garage, I would give it a really good acid wash, then clear seal it.

• Like 1

• Not pregnant
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 15d

I doubt I'll get paid out as much as I owe on the loan. I'd also have to go without a car til at least August, as right now I have no savings (I had savings, but everything that has gone wrong recently has used them up), and am living on the credit card, which is why I mentioned my inability to pay stamp duty right now.

I understand what you're saying, and if this had happened a couple of months ago, or a couple of months from now, I would have been pushing to get it written off. its not like I can borrow Dre's car in the meantime either.

Unless you're willing to give me your car til I can replace mine, this is my only option. I understand I'm going to take a financial hit on the car down the track, but at least I'll have the option to choose when it happens.