Vic Spotted & Chat Thread

geea

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 6d

Christmas Eve, Friday night, I will be having dinner with the misses and her family, I was thinking of going for a light walk, possible jog after dinner...to help digest the few kilos I will be putting on the night, anyone care to join me?

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 3m 5d

lol phantom6 nothing like that.

My lemon BA is just having some issues as stated a few weeks ago about car just 'turns off' after 4500rpm on the dyno.

And yes the following has been checked/swapped: coils, spark plugs, cat, throttle body, tune checked 50 times, dropped zorst from dump, and just replaced a s5 solenoide in the auto which was giving out errors in some scan tool. was replaced on monday now a whole load of other auto errors.

All I did was send the auto to bayswater autos for a service, put a new alloy pan on it, and have my convertor rebuilt/tightened.

Dion is spending a fair bit of time on the car when he gets a chance. I dont ask him to spend 8 hours a day on it obviously. Steady as she goes....or blows...

Bah! Lemonade anyone?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

My lemon BA is just having some issues as stated a few weeks ago about car just 'turns off' after 4500rpm on the dyno.

And yes the following has been checked/swapped: coils, spark plugs, cat, throttle body, tune checked 50 times, dropped zorst from dump, and just replaced a s5 solenoide in the auto which was giving out errors in some scan tool. was replaced on monday now a whole load of other auto errors.

All I did was send the auto to bayswater autos for a service, put a new alloy pan on it, and have my convertor rebuilt/tightened.

Dion is spending a fair bit of time on the car when he gets a chance. I dont ask him to spend 8 hours a day on it obviously. Steady as she goes....or blows...

Bah! Lemonade anyone?

its probably just something small, throttle position senser is failing? I have never heard of that happen (shut downs) when driving, every strange. they will find the problem man. just time will tell. good luck with it anyway! if u think u got a lemon..... at lease u didnt do a headgasket. 4 weeks ago I found out I did a headgasket, car still drove sik when it happened, only noticed it drinking water say 150mils ever second day. as I checkup my car every 2nd day which is overkill but that's me, (I tighten cooler pipes if loose fill up washer bottle etc etc, the small stuff). anyways 3 weeks ago we pulled then engine out, inspected the head, its pefect! (gasket itself is slightly split)

bottom end in one peace, pistons r ok all six, and all six rods a straight as a arrow! with 18 months of 340rwkw with a 3,200 stall in a glide (robbing 25rwkw, so say 365kw if it was a 4spd auto making that power with a stock motor except crow cam valve springs and being a ba (skinny rods), driving it 5 times a week to and from work. was asking for trobble. tune is perfect, I dont no what went wrong. I never heard the motor ping as (when I thrash the car I listen out for any ping/rattle, or sign of detenation, always had my ear listing incase I cop a bad batch of bp98 fuel after I fillup, n I fillup from the same servo etc.) I dont blame tune, cos if it was the tune the motor would have failed a long time ago :)

carnt wait to get my car back from my eng builder :), (hopefully will b driving again before new yrs, fingers crossed) running it in. I will be doing a full write up when I get my car back, I got nothing to hide. and carnt wait to try e85!

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 29d

Christmas Eve, Friday night, I will be having dinner with the misses and her family, I was thinking of going for a light walk, possible jog after dinner...to help digest the few kilos I will be putting on the night, anyone care to join me?

What time are you jogging and where will the said jog be? HWY?

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 22d

Bah! Lemonade anyone?

I've seen brand new cars throw up random codes recently because some goose plugged into the PCM for a tinker and had NFI what they were doing. There is nothing wrong with your car.

Write this down:

If there's nothing physically wrong with the parts within the car or the car itself, what makes it all run together? I'll give you a clue: it's been checked 50 times. :fool:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 27d

It was me *Beep*...I played with the computer when it was there, in retaliation of you hacking my computer and thousands of others..lol

Ps See how you like it

Edited by xr6t_ute