Need More Power For N/a

faygun

• Phantom lives
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d
seriously faygun, consider some NOS. a QUALITY NOS setup will cost about $1500-2000 for all the equipment +installation.

when u think about it, its pretty bloody cheap considering extractors+mandrel bent exhaust would cost about the same!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah turn to GAS.

I still kick your arse.

Heaps cheap too and goes real hard for 30 seconds.

Oh sorry forgot that its a real hit with the police too and insurance companies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a good point if you told your insurance company that you had NOS you can be sure that you are going to get shafted with a increase on payments and excess or told no way...

Do you just want a little extra or alot extra. if you want alot its going to cost more than most turbo's to upgrade, add these factors $2000 for piggy back $1000 for exhaust $700 for injectors $400 for fuel pump then $6000 for forged pistons and billet rods fitted then add transmission mods to cater for the power and whatever you want to spend on CAI....

jeff

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lemming No #5
  • Member For: 19y 9m 27d
seriously faygun, consider some NOS. a QUALITY NOS setup will cost about $1500-2000 for all the equipment +installation.

when u think about it, its pretty bloody cheap considering extractors+mandrel bent exhaust would cost about the same!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah turn to GAS.

I still kick your arse.

Oh sorry forgot that its a real hit with the police too and insurance companies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The N/A is a great bit of gear and you will find it has less problems associated with it than the T however I do still think your options are limited when it comes to modding one and $$$$ associated with it but that's not where it stops.

Insurance will always be higher, sometimes the budget cant stretch to a T and lets face it its not as if the 2 models look any different either.

*edited*

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 1d

www.jimmockmotorsport.com

they have done wonders with the old OHC falcon 6 and have now had a crack with the Barra182, something like 170rwkws with just an exhaust and filter.

They're Melbourne based but they have mail order.

Dave.

• Member For: 20y 11d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah turn to GAS.

I still kick your arse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

get over yourself and learn that theres more cars out on the roads then just xr6T's . who cares if I or anybosy else owns a NA.

*edited*

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 9d

Cro's not here but I am and I learnt from Cro so ...

If you guys don't stop the slagging this will be shut down pronto ...

Now, I'm off to edit some of it out so any Qs you know who to ask eh.

Edit ... OK is all done. I deleted as little as possible to allow the thread to continue with some relevance and you guys will now know exactly what parts are not acceptable. I deleted only two threads in their entirity as they contained nothing but personal attacks. I'm hoping the thread doesn't have to be closed. Last chance.

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m 3d

Insurance - n/a vs XR6T.

Did anyone read the recent thread by NEWXR who had insurance knocked back for his n/a just because of exhaust?

Just did a quick comparison on NRMA website and just using my details (address, age etc) there is only just over $83 a year difference in the premium between a XR6T and a n/a. So basically there is SFA difference in insurance between the 2 cars.

XR8 is $75 dearer than XR6T to insure.

A new XR6T is about $7700 dearer than n/a XR6.

It wouldn't take too long to spend the difference on a n/a.

$475 - CAI

$175 - air filter

$2295.00 - exhaust SS including cat and extractors

$1300 - Edit (plus dyno tuning if required add $165 per hour)

-------

$4245

*These prices include fitting (didn't include the dyno tuning) and are from Herrods website and are to be used as a guide only, cheaper (and also dearer) options are available if you shop around.