Need More Power For N/a

faygun

• Member For: 21y 2m 7d

Hey Guys,

I am planning to get a set of extractors and an exhaust for the N/A. What brand do people recommend? I dont really want to go for lesser quality brands as I have had some issues with idling and crap extractor sounds under hard accelarations before with a particular brand.

Also, I am hoping to get CAI. Which one is better Xr8 one or the extra CAI into the air box now?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 28d

faygun,

Give Steve from Redcliffe Dyno and performance a ring in Qld or try his website. He has complete performance packages for the N/A and distributes into NSW.

This guy knows his stuff and will not fill you full of crap and sell all the things you don't need.

Cheers,

Simon

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 11d

sell your car and buy a xr6T. :nono: seriosly your power gains on a NA motor are limited to the amount of money needed to make the gain.Meaning even if you made stock T power at the wheels,you would get bored of it and want more.

By all means do the exhaust and extractors and cia but that would be it for me otherwise I would have bought a TURBO?

• Member For: 21y 28d
sell your car and buy a xr6T. :nono: seriosly your power gains on a NA motor are limited to the amount of money needed to make the gain.Meaning even if you made stock T power at the wheels,you would get bored of it and want more.

By all means do the exhaust and extractors and cia but that would be it for me otherwise I would have bought a TURBO?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair Call... but not everybody can afford the "T" nor the insurance if you are under 25. The XR6 N/A is still a great car and with a few mods can make it even better.

Cheers,

Simon

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

I agree Simon....

If I was older I would have Typhoon, but being under 25 its hard enough to get a decent price on insurance for an NA, let alone a Turbo....

The NA is a quick car for what it is and is the quickest in its class according to Motor this month :gooff:

Did some one say NOS?

sell your car and buy a xr6T.  seriosly your power gains on a NA motor are limited to the amount of money needed to make the gain.Meaning even if you made stock T power at the wheels,you would get bored of it and want more.

:k24t:

Theres nothing wrong with owning the XR6 N/A. Be happy we don't get 1/2 the problems that nomally come with a Turbo, over boost, over heating, insurance the list goes on.

Lets see how long before this post is removed, have a look at the Nizpro site (theres tones of stuff there about the N/A) they've spent a bit of time on the N/A. Its a nice to see when the subject of enhancing a XR6 N/A comes up on their forum you don't get the same old sh*t like here "buy a T".

Maybe that's why a lot of XR6 N/A owners are using the other forum these days, I for one have a foot in each camp now because Im sick of "Buy a T". If I wanted a T I'd have one, but the money saved has let me have fun with NOS instead + DVDs and other good sh*t.

Theres no reason a person can't have a lot of fun in the N/A. RDP have good kits in QLD and Nizpro in Vic, but like me in Sydney there F'all.

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
Did some one say NOS?
sell your car and buy a xr6T.  seriosly your power gains on a NA motor are limited to the amount of money needed to make the gain.Meaning even if you made stock T power at the wheels,you would get bored of it and want more.

:k24t:

Theres nothing wrong with owning the XR6 N/A. Be happy we don't get 1/2 the problems that nomally come with a Turbo, over boost, over heating, insurance the list goes on.

Lets see how long before this post is removed, have a look at the Nizpro site (theres tones of stuff there about the N/A) they've spent a bit of time on the N/A. Its a nice to see when the subject of enhancing a XR6 N/A comes up on their forum you don't get the same old sh*t like here "buy a T".

Maybe that's why a lot of XR6 N/A owners are using the other forum these days, I for one have a foot in each camp now because Im sick of "Buy a T". If I wanted a T I'd have one, but the money saved has let me have fun with NOS instead + DVDs and other good sh*t.

Theres no reason a person can't have a lot of fun in the N/A. RDP have good kits in QLD and Nizpro in Vic, but like me in Sydney there F'all.

What problems.

My XRT does not experience overboost or overheating or any other crap like that.

I wasnt sledging the NA XR but putting some logic to money needed to make a vast differnce in power output.

*edited*

• Member For: 20y 10d

seriously faygun, consider some NOS. a QUALITY NOS setup will cost about $1500-2000 for all the equipment +installation.

when u think about it, its pretty bloody cheap considering extractors+mandrel bent exhaust would cost about the same!

*edited*

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
seriously faygun, consider some NOS. a QUALITY NOS setup will cost about $1500-2000 for all the equipment +installation.

when u think about it, its pretty bloody cheap considering extractors+mandrel bent exhaust would cost about the same!

Yeah turn to GAS.

I still kick your arse.

Heaps cheap too and goes real hard for 30 seconds.

Oh sorry forgot that its a real hit with the police too and insurance companies.

*edited*