Fpv Typhoon

CJF077

FPV Typhoon - Should owners be compensated?  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 10d

Voted for compensation..

when my beast went in I got a Fiesta :laughing:

So you getting GT to cruise about in while they fix the problem is in Fords eyes a step up from the Typhoon.

Re: Fuel - Keep the dockets and claim the extra expense from Ford.

If the GT is really so bad ask for a MK II XRT instead, least you get the Turbo...

:)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 2m 2d

Well I got the offered GT. Then they retracted that and never rang me back. I have kept driving my Typhoon, and love it. I haven't had 1 problem. I go for a new clutch in the comming week, oh and they said they will reflash the ECU. Apparently they were too conservatve with the tune first time around and are give owners a touch more power...

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d

:spit:

Legally FPV would get trounced in a civil action, simply because of what all the pre release hype promised.

I think they have taken too long for the fix to come through but its here now and new clutches, pressure plates etc are heading to the workshops as we speak. I got a GT to drive, but if I'd been given a focus or a fiestia I would have screamed very loud and I would suggest that anyone who was puts the bite on for some compensation. To me the bottom line was, once I got over the fact that I had bought a TEMPORARY DUD, edit the ba jesus out of it and fit some bigger injectors, then the clutch falied again from the temp fix :kissmy: .

I like the edited version so much, I am about to order another one. I think this will very soon be forgotten as there is also a new computer upgrade coming that will give them a little bit more. :sick::w00t2:

• Team - Anti Rice Blueprint Member # 1
  • Member For: 21y 26d
Funny you say about the full refund and swap to a GT. I have not seen any official documentation besides the one that said we would put you in a FPV Vehicle until this problem is rectified It is news to me regarding the full refund or swap to a GT.

Chris - I do stand corrected.

Yes, I do think that you deserve compensation. Either a straight swap to another Ford based variant or a full refund. I would now change my vote to YES from NO.

It now depends on whether you are prepared to wait and move on OR do you want out?

If you want out - then go for a refund or a GT or XR6T.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d
approx how much extra power do you get with the tune and if it its much will they market the fact of more power over first typhoon or keep it quiet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it is more aimed at stopping all the power falling off a cliff at 4500rpm. Of course if you want REAL power you would go for the edit anyway.

• Member For: 19y 8m 18d

If I understand correctly they are going to give all typhoon owners a play station 2 with a copy of GT4 for all the trouble.

They should be sent out 2 weeks after the clutch fix.

I think that since all the cars where sold in 2004 we should get new build plates starting from the date of the fix at least it will help with the resell value.

And we should get a rebate for insurance and reg from date of sale to date of fix and an extra 1 year warranty.

This is what I will be sending a bill to fpv for as why the hell should I pay for there stuff up.

Cheers

Crazy

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 8d

I do not think they were giving the PS2 only the game GT4, that's my understanding. Too bad if you do not have a PS2 :nono:

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 10m 14d

What about the ones who have had orders in for 6 months now? :nono:

I’ve gone past the point of worrying about when it will arrive and actually are not too fussed anymore to be honest as the novelty has worn off I think.

I don’t know about any power upgrade though……. I would hope they do some QA if they know what that is and ensure that they all at least leave the FPV factory meeting the advertised rating as some were just pain piss poor!!!! Others went like the hammer from Hell.

My Ute T3 engine was hand built by Ford and Dyno’d before even being installed so at least they were consistent but I think those days are gone now and they wack then down the production line and keep their fingers crossed they are all similar in output.

This was never the case with the XR6T as they varied from 175~210 RWKws STD and these F6’s are the same and that is wrong IMO…

How long would it take to dyno each FPV and ensure its performance prior to leaving the factory? Tickford managed it!!!!!

Let’s face it they think they are competition for HSV but at times they miss all the basics and get caught with their pants down…..AGAIN and AGAIN.

I must admit they showed some ballz by stopping production and looking for the correct fix and I can only admire them for doing that but hey! It doesn’t make up for all the other stuff ups along the way.

Having said that I bet these F6’s get some QA before they leave the factory now and as such should be a very very good buy.. :nono: