Hey Guys, Newbie Here

IEATU

• Member For: 19y 5m 11d

Gday everyone

New to the turbo piston world. I own the rx7 IEATU, and now a proud owner of a BA XR6 turbo ute.

Ill be reading threw these forums for advice as I dont know sh*t about piston engines, just mainly rotarys.

Coon I bought is a White mk2 XR6t in auto, I did want the manual but I got a really good deal on the auto, I know this is off topic but are there any things I should look out for ? I read that not many people reccomend getting ford to service them ?

Thanks and I hope to wish you all in the not to distance future

Reece

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome - don't worry about the auto - they are good for beginners :smilielol::smilielol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it will be my daily driver so im not to worried, I didnt buy this to do 1/4 mile, just highway cruising and a bit of a punch every now and then, my 7 is the fast car :hrmm:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

welcome to the forums IEATU.... what 1/4 mile times are you running in the rx7????

the ute is a great car.... not too much to look out for as you bought the auto.... keep an ear out for power steering shudder and maybe heat shield rattle.... I am guessing that since you got a mk2 most problems will be non existent :smilielol:

Enjoy the forums :hrmm:

EDIT: jsut read your sig for the 1/4 mile time.... have you run an 11 yet??

thanks for the replys :)

no the car is getting fitted with my external gate and better intercooler

mose well list whats done as you guys may be interested

1989 s5 rx7, large t04 turbo, 38mm external gate, PWR intercooler, big 044 pump with surge tank, tial bov, large extend port and rebuilt, microtech mtx8

13.0 @ jamboree 2004 with a standard turbo and gay front mount

havent run it with the big boy yet but im itching to. BA is the rotary recovery ute :spoton:

post-6406-1113638588_thumb.jpg

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d

Welcom IEATU, enjoy you're stay and look out for idiots. I.e.:

Welcome - don't worry about the auto - they are good for beginners :w00t2::spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:ermm:

Trent.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d

1989 s5 rx7, large t04 turbo, 38mm external gate, PWR intercooler, big 044 pump with surge tank, tial bov, large extend port and rebuilt, microtech mtx8

havent run it with the big boy yet but im itching to. BA is the rotary recovery ute  :spoton:

the rx sounds like a machine.... let us know how you go with all the new goodies on it....

surely you will get the bug to modify the ute too.... if nothing else, just get the edit, injectors, remove centre muffler and get a custom tune... total cost around $2000 and you will have two great cars.... one for the track and one that can carry the bas*ard home at warp speed if it happens to break down :w00t2:

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 3d

havent run it with the big boy yet but im itching to. BA is the rotary recovery ute  :spoton:

surely you will get the bug to modify the ute too.... if nothing else, just get the edit, injectors, remove centre muffler and get a custom tune... total cost around $2000 and you will have two great cars.... one for the track and one that can carry the bas*ard home at warp speed if it happens to break down :spoton:

After catching up on what some guys here run, you might change your mind and find it is easier to get the ute to 11's :spoton:

• Lemming No #5
  • Member For: 19y 10m 1d
I dont know sh*t about piston engines, just mainly rotarys.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont worry its not your fault sometimes bad things happen but at least you came to the right place :spoton:

Oh by the way :spoton:

Edited by V8_FRD

• Team HgAg
  • Member For: 19y 10m 19d

Welcome to the site man.

If there is anything you need to know about , you've come to the right place. Im sure every little thing on a XRT has been mentioned on the site.....

Going the auto aint so bad. Ive had mine for just over 6months and have had no drama's at all.

Good luck with the ute and a few pic's would be good

cikas

:spoton: