• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d

Well

Put the T in for a service Friday mentioned all OK except idle, did not mention I felt it was down on power.

When I picked it up the service manager gave me his card and asked me to ring him when I got home.

As I picked the car up the head mechanic said when he drove it he felt it was down on power, they found the turbo hose loose. :gooff:

It now goes like it should. :spoton::sick:

Rang the service manager and told him of the difference. :sick:

I believe this is a common problem

To there credit their customer service is very good.

Regards

Creepy

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 3d
I have had my stock T re-flashed and I'm very happy with it... after that I put a bmc filter in it and it runs very nicely now... I guess anything that ford bring out will obviously affect any modified cars because they dont want ppl changing them. I wonder if modifying a re-flashed ECU will have the same problems, or will they be overridden?

My stock T was just reflashed at it's 15k service. Seems just as, if not more, powerful.

They fixed that damn rear suspension squeek too ! :laughing::crybaby:

They re-flashed mine at 15K and it just seemed to loose its edge.

Knowing how much of the BA is controlled by the "flash" they can easily drop the power on the cars.

has anyone wondered why, at dyno days there are some standard cats that seem to push a lot more horses than the rest?

I would guess those are the ones still running the factory program and haven't been flashed since

• Donating Members

Very true. I think FORD have forgotten who it was that paid out cash for their product.

We own the cars and I think we should push them into releasing EXACTLY what version of Firmware (flash) fixs what and what is done in each and we should also be able to "request" what version of firmware is loaded into our Cars... We oen it, it is our right.

Edited by Grass

• Donating Members
Mine was reflashed last week for the 30K service. No difference to me, it still goes as hard.

Do you have any Dyno figures for you car ?

It might have bee none of the Turbo Slugs before, so you won't notice the change in power due to the new "Flash"

• Member For: 20y 6m 7d
They re-flashed mine at 15K and it just seemed to loose its edge.

Knowing how much of the BA is controlled by the "flash" they can easily drop the power on the cars.

has anyone wondered why, at dyno days there are some standard cats that seem to push a lot more horses than the rest?

I would guess those are the ones still running the factory program and haven't been flashed since

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, when I purchased mine, advice here, was that the way you run them in can have a big influence on the final power. So maybe that's where the variation comes from?

• Member For: 20y 6m 7d
When I go for my 15K I'll tell 'em not to flash it. I've had no probs with mine so far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had no problems with mine before the flash either, but the way I looked at it is this - it has more than 2 years warranty left, and not running the latest firmware gives them something to blame when anything goes wrong in future.

So, I let them upgrade it. I have not regretted it. Power seems the same, and fuel economy has not changed as far as I can tell - still get's down to 9 L/100KM on the highway :w00t2:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 26d

There are plenty of reasons why one car would have different power to another. You are talking about mass production and there is always gonna be inherant differences in output power. Whether it be condition of the oil, type of fuel, condition of plugs, clutch wear, tyre wear... all these things will make for different readings come dyno day. I have no doubt there will be a difference in the torque curve for a pre-flash and a re-flash but I doubt there would be a difference in output power. There are legalities about whether ford can produce cars as their "advertised" 240kw. At the end of the day if they recall a model for a re-flash it is your obligation to get it done to comply with your warranty. If you are worried about losing power then I think you are kinda missing the point. If you raced your car then I could understand the fuss about it but if it is stock and driven on the road then there's only so fast you can go legally. If there is proof of it reducing power then I'm sure there would be some sort of enquiry into it (which I'm sure there has been) but unless it produced any hard evidence of reduction in overall power then there shouldnt be a problem. I think saying that the re-flash is a way of reducing the power in all of our cars then it sounds to me like a bit of paranoia...

If you have a concern about the power then get them to check it out and find out why it has lost its edge... it is your right as a customer to be satisfied with the service they provide.

• Member For: 20y 11m 28d

xxxr6t,

My car has a number of modification as like most people on the forum. My vehicle is two years old and ford have wiped the warranty on my driveline due to my modifications. I have no real problem with this.

My problem eventuated since my fly by wire voltage fu##ed out. They fixed that problem but while they were there they decided to put the reflash in. And here we are today 62rwkws down.

My car is hardly covered by warranty so why should I live with reflashes for standard cars.

I purchased this car and modified it before this latest reflash was installed.

So again why should they do it to everyones car without giving notice