Where's The Power Gone?

Space Ace

• zeke
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d
So far I don't think this problem affects anybody with a basically stock XR6T.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The impression I get is it reduces boost from 6+psi to about 5psi, with a corresponding decrease in power and torque, even in a stock T.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 10d

My T lost about 40kw when it was reflashed too. I wish I could help out by saying what the tuner did when they re-tuned the unichip, but it would all be double-Dutch to me anyway. :laughing:

• Member For: 19y 8m
So far I don't think this problem affects anybody with a basically stock XR6T.

Most of the problems seem to be with cars making any thing over 240rwkws.

So has anybody out there got details on how if they lost major power after a reflash they got it back through another tune because my tuner in sydney can't find a fix yet.

Funny thing is I think after the update the fn thing is idling better but who gives a sh*t if you cant now toast a 300kw Expensive Daewoo by sh*t loads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My T is stock at the moment, and even though it does feel a lot smoother, when I put the boot in it, it just doesn't seem to have the same kick as it used to??? I think its time to visit the HPF boys....

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d

I tend to agree

When I test drove a T at the dealers it went so hard.

Eight weeks later my 2005 M11 T seems to me to bit flat. (eg don't go like the car I test drove.)

People tell me that it's not run-in (3000 km) but the demo at the Ford dealer only had 200 km on it.

I suspect that it being a new build it has being de-tuned.

No proof just a seat of the pants type feeling.

Regards

Creepy

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d
but the demo at the Ford dealer only had 200 km on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But I would bet it would have been the hardest 200km of it's life. Mine was a demonstrator and the "seat of the pants" feel is much better than other standard ones that I have been in.

How hard did you run yours in?

Trent.

• Member For: 19y 9m 3d
I tend to agree

When I test drove a T at the dealers it went so hard.

Eight weeks later my 2005 M11 T seems to me to bit flat. (eg don't go like the car I test drove.)

People tell me that it's not run-in (3000 km) but the demo at the Ford dealer only had 200 km on it.

I suspect that it being a new build it has being de-tuned.

No proof just a seat of the pants type feeling.

Regards

Creepy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gotta agree with you Gary, when I test drove my first T, it felt like it was a rocket.

When mine arrived, it didnt 'feel' near as fast. Both are/were Auto's.

I would not be surprised if the dealers stuff in a higher boost flash pre-sale, then lower the boost pre-delivery to normal. :w00t2:

Having said that, now I've got the Edit, I dont care what they did :ermm:

Although my hip pocket does :blush:

• Member For: 19y 9m 3d
Gooza.

Have you had your car on a dyno before and after the edit, if not, does it feel better. (eg more get up and go)

I'm thinking about an edit as well.

Regards

Gary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try this thread for views on the edit on basically stock cars (Mine and MercurySteve's).

Heres a Dyno sheet of mine. Stock besides Home Made CAI.

It goes wayyyyy better now :nutkick:

post-5888-1112693913_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 21y 4m 28d

Dropped past my dealer today to pick something up they had ordered for me. They asked if they could keep my car for 45 mins to reflash it. (The 3000-4000rpm smoothing flash I mentioned earlier in this thread).

I said no, I dont have time. Besides, my Mk2 is coming in the next week or two and this car will be sold...the next person can worry about it.

They tried being quite insistant, saying Ford (head company) would insist it was done. I said no, doesnt suit me and Im sure it will be done for the next owner when they service it for the first time.

They begrudgingly said OK. I am surprised they pushed so hard.

I too reckon my car has lost power over the last 2 flashes.

In future now, if they want to flash my car, I will be asking them to provide me, in writing, an assurance that it wont impact on performance or power negatively, and if it does, then I can demand it be returned to the flash I had beforehand.

If they refuse to give me that written assurance, I will refuse to get it flashed.

Anyone know if they have grounds to refuse an engine warrantee claim because a flash hasnt been done? (I would have thought no, as non-Ford servicers may do a proper service but not have access to the new software. Declining a warrantee claim based on that would be an anti-competitive practice and illegal).

As someone said, if they push next time I will flat out say no as it is not their car the decide that on. If they refuse, I will go to another dealer.