Foxtel Iq

ZAP

• Member For: 19y 2m 30d

I love my foxtel IQ. When we got foxtel, we decided to spend the extra, and get foxtel in the lounge room, and the bedroom. I would have been paying around $100 per month for all the channels anyway, so for $25 extra, I get IQ in the lounge room, and normal foxtel in the bedroom, all on platinum. Obviously it'll come in handy being able to watch different shows/channels :spoton:

In all honesty, we haven't used foxtel in the bedroom much, but it'll come in handy when the young fella gets older and starts trying to compete with me for the remote :hohum:

Edited by JimmyXR6T04

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 26d
$125 installation fee for existing customers....

They can stick that up there clacker. :finger:

But they said if I was a new customer they could do it for free.....even though they dont have any boxes available atm.... :pooh:

nah fark that !! I rang them up said I was going to change plans then just asked them about IQ and they said they will install it for free, and costs $14 a month I think it was.. defo worth the $14 and it should come for free eventually.. along with HD :spoton:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d

we have a 5.8Ghz "rabbit" Video sender. It retransmits the Foxtel to 3 other TV's around the house. It also transmits the IR for the remotes so it is a great solution and costs about $200 all up.

The only disadvantage is that you need to watch the same channel on all TV's. Looking back we should have gotten the 2nd outlet and second IQ box.

• BIGRED
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 27d
$5.95/mth service fee. :spoton:

You have no way of exporting recorded programmes to disc etc and the movies you record expire after 2 weeks.... :finger:

Buy outright a HD capture card for $170 odd http://www.pccasegear.com/prod1831.htm

use the SVid connection and record and keep all you want. :pooh:

actually you can loop it through with a scart-to-6 cable to any sort of recording device e.g. dvd burner, harddrive, VCR

• Member For: 21y 5m 20d

I retic the the foxel signal from the coax connector on the back of the foxtel box with a cable that goes up the wall and then splice into the antenna line with a reverse splitter to retic into the whole house. This house has something like 8-10 tvs and over 20-25 outlets so it was the only way to get a perfect picture everywhere. A wireless audio/visual system was pretty much useless except for transmitting the infra red in a couple of rooms where it works and where it is watched most. Although you can watch only one channel in the whole house at any one time it suits us fine.

When doing this you may have to tune the foxtel box output channel to one that does not interfere with any close by channels. The instructions to do this are on the net somewhere but this is probably the hardest part to get it working properly.