Gran Turismo 4

Maxx Power

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 28d
If you like the GT series then yes.

It is a great game, but it is very similar to GT3.

I just hope they bring back Red Rock racetrack, I have not found it yet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love the GT series but sometimes the gaming evolution goes backwards. eg Flight simulator 2004 is a backwards step to 2002..

Looks like I'm going shoppping :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would hire it first before spending $100 on it, I have all the other GT games plus prologue and concept, and this is the first time I wont be buying a new GT game, I hired it out and yes it looks fantastic the driving physics are exceptional, but alas, polyphony digital have f*cked up the enemy AI yet again, the other cars still drive their preset raceing lines and there is no evidence of AI whatsoever, no defensive lines taken into corners to prevent overtaking, and you can still drill someone at high speed and not deviate them from there path. No more evident was when I did a race in the beginer series FF class, and the cars placed 3rd, 4th, 5th got together on the main straight just after race start and I slipped through to 3rd, doesnt sound odd untill I did the same race again to save up some cash and alas, the exact same thing happened, I thought that's pretty dodgy, raced it a 3rd time and guess what, same thing again, at that point I turned it off and dont ever want to play it again, if Polyphony Digital can take that long to release a game after its first scheduled release date (dec 2003) and still get the same things wrong that have plagued the series since GT2, and still call it the definitive driving simulator they have got their foots up their arses, and arent listeing to their fanbase. Whoopdido it has 700 cars, bigdeal it has 50 tracks, its still the same if you have more power you will win game it was 9 years ago when I first played GT1.

Dissapointed, rant over.

Dazza.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Artificially Aspirated
  • Member For: 20y 8m 12d

Come on Dazza, give it another go... We know you want too :blink:

Deano... Try this in your setting to help remove understeer (along with the 0 oversteer and 1 understeer help someone posted) Front spring rate around 11.8 rear around 12.2. You can make those setting stiffer IF your on a smooth track, but since majority of GT tracks are not so smooth this little softer is better.

I have all my licences and found them WAY too easy to get in GT4. I doubt you should have any problems with the last 4 Kaine if you have done majority of them already.

Maybe we can start a GT4 Challenge thread? Something like who can lap the Nurburgring the quickest in an "unlimited" F6 Typhoon... ie: any mods allowed? :blink:

nope, never ever unless I win a copy or something. Another thing I noticed also is the inconsistencies in the power levels of your cars. Note that when modding your car it gives you xxxkw in power, then go back to your garage and have a look at your power figures, they are way (sometimes 100kw) higher than in the mods section. These cars must have been dynoed on dynowogs dyno or something, but it was fairly dissapointing to see.

Dazzawhoisverydissapointedingt4.

• Member For: 20y 1m 3d
I got my copy of GT4 the other day and saved some cash for a Typhoon. Does anyone else think they skimped on the engine noises in this game? The Typhoon sounds like a Honda S2000 with an exhaust on it and the FPV GT does not sound anything like a V8! Besides that its a great game, but jeez I thought they would have made a lot more effort in the sound department!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read up on the game at a few high profile gaming websites, they all mentioned the real cars selected to be in the game were all individually sound recorded so I would of thought the sound would be pretty realistic. just what I read.

anyway will be getting mine in a week.

• Artificially Aspirated
  • Member For: 20y 8m 12d
I thought the Typhoon sounded spot on when listening in a surround sound system setup....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Majority of the sounds are not too bad until you mod it... that's when all the noises really change to a 2 stroke lawnmower.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 8d

drcook,

I bought the game and logitech steering wheel for $179.

Seemed like a great deal. Myers and Hardley Normal have this deal, as I am sure many others have it as well.

once I get this game, im interested in buying a steering wheel. anyone could suggest which ones the best.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just make sure its a wheel capable of rotating 900 degrees. The game was designed for these steering wheels and they will give you a better experience.

Dazza.

• Member For: 19y 11m 5d
Come on Dazza, give it another go... We know you want too  :holiday:

Maybe we can start a GT4 Challenge thread? Something like who can lap the Nurburgring the quickest in an "unlimited" F6 Typhoon... ie: any mods allowed?  :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well I have run a 10.8 down the quarter in it, im sure it can go faster