Gran Turismo 4

Maxx Power

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 28d
Just an opinion here, but this game has to be the biggest POS driving game of all time. Physics engine. What is that? The rally mode is damn bizzare. I can get the car to slide sidways at 90mph and not roll. The phoon wont corner at 40mph. God damn it's a shocking game :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont mind the actual driving of it, couldnt stand it long enough to get to a rally event, the races are dull and its the most fun playing it in time trial mode or practice mode. So I am with you Geeseman on most things, dont like it.

Dazza.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team - Anti Rice Blueprint Member # 1
  • Member For: 21y 27d
Just an opinion here, but this game has to be the biggest POS driving game of all time. Physics engine. What is that? The rally mode is damn bizzare. I can get the car to slide sidways at 90mph and not roll. The phoon wont corner at 40mph. God damn it's a shocking game :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Care to elaborate? Your post made no sense to me - call me dumb. :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Care to elaborate? Your post made no sense to me - call me dumb. :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your dumb.

Dazza.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 26d
Care to elaborate? Your post made no sense to me - call me dumb.  :w00t2:

Ok. :w00t2:

Seriously. Play rally mode and just try to powerslide the car. Sorry folks. Not possible. I can get the car to go sideways, perpendicular to the direction I am travelling and it WILL NOT roll. It's lame as hell.

As for regular driving. It's boring as hell. AI of the opponents is non-existant, it's still dodgem city when it comes to collisions (I hit someone head-on and they went flying backwards at 100ks... :w00t2: ) and more importantly it just isn't fun.

Im playing NFSU2 at the moment and it's way better although graphically retarded in comparison. GT4's CPU time Is spent 95% of the time running math for visuals. That is clear. Doesn't leave much room for mechanics, physics and gameplay :w00t2:

• When in doubt ... Accelerate!
  • Member For: 21y 14d
Im playing NFSU2 at the moment and it's way better although graphically retarded in comparison.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NFSU2 is shocking on PS2.... and sorta ok on XBOX .... PC crappens all over them ....

It irritates me silly not being able to see No plate properly I dont know why but it does ....

Plus the paint reflection on my Foccciie is sweeeeett.....

Its an arcade racer though .... somethings are just not possible in real life yet are so easy to pull in NFSU2 ..... fun is where it is at though .....

we wont get SRS tilll much much later if it comes to aus at all ... that looks really awesome ... NFSU2 with some realism to it ....

Hey MRDOHC can you give me a release date for Forza on xbox? I know its been pushed back again but have been hanging to try it for a while, I think GT4 is gonna meet its match.

Dazza.

• Artificially Aspirated
  • Member For: 20y 8m 12d

Oh boy, Atari boy is posting again...

Geeseman, you NEVER answered your connection with Atari last time you babbled your bullcrap all over a thread.

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 12d
Oh boy, Atari boy is posting again...

Geeseman, you NEVER answered your connection with Atari last time you babbled your bullcrap all over a thread.

Stop worrying about computer games and buy a V8.

Love Rob

:w00t2:

• When in doubt ... Accelerate!
  • Member For: 21y 14d
Hey MRDOHC can you give me a release date for Forza on xbox?  I know its been pushed back again but have been hanging to try it for a while, I think GT4 is gonna meet its match.

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At this stage Mid april I think 7th was mentioned but that could just mean early to mid April ..... they gotta get things up for XBOX live to make it all good the game is finished and there is a demo on the Mechassault 2 game disk if you have anyone that has it ...

Looks great, they have contracted Ferrari engineers to get physical realism into it ... they are take a serious stab at GT4 with it ...

Lets see I guess....

Am I Atari boy ?!?!? :w00t2:

Edited by MRDOHC

Hey MRDOHC can you give me a release date for Forza on xbox?  I know its been pushed back again but have been hanging to try it for a while, I think GT4 is gonna meet its match.

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At this stage Mid april I think 7th was mentioned but that could just mean early to mid April ..... they gotta get things up for XBOX live to make it all good the game is finished and there is a demo on the Mechassault 2 game disk if you have anyone that has it ...

Looks great, they have contracted Ferrari engineers to get physical realism into it ... they are take a serious stab at GT4 with it ...

Lets see I guess....

Am I Atari boy ?!?!? :w00t2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If only I could get xbox live, that's what you get for living 10 minutes from civilisation and no broadband. :w00t2: you telstra.

Dazza.