Warranty Problems - Ba Xr6

XRBloke

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

Dunno, I know alot of the sedans have had handbrake issues wtih the IRS setup, but with the live axel Ive never heard much other then the Tub liner rubbing on the rear wheels (which is what I had repaired on my AU ute late last year.. Maybe that's your problem to, it use to do it going around corners / where the rear suspension was pushed up and cambered in towards the trayliner.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 1m

My car is booked in for next Wednesday to have the following issues resolved, its reassuring to know nothings changed since the AU in build quality. :blush:

1. Flexing Noise in rear suspension - driving me crazy on drivers side of car, there is a serious problem here and its got me worried.

got that flexing sound !. almost sounds like the chassis is flexing in the parcel tray area. has been back three times.

first time they found the bolt mounting the irs to the chassis was loose. when they tightened it, it broke before reaching its torque rating. replaced bolt.

second time they only lubed the same joint.

third time back they couldnt hear the sound so didnt want to touch it (fair enough I suppose). its intermidant. hasnt occured for a few weeks now. just waiting for it to happen when im near the dealer. then ill drive in there and demand them to come for a drive with me.

• Member For: 21y 28d
My car is booked in for next Wednesday to have the following issues resolved, its reassuring to know nothings changed since the AU in build quality.  :blink:

1. Flexing Noise in rear suspension - driving me crazy on drivers side of car, there is a serious problem here and its got me worried.

2. Brake Shudder - August 04 plate car and still not yet to the bottom of it, however the brakes dont squeal which I am thankful for, yet after next week they probarly will.

3. Steering Shudder at low speeds - only seems to do it in shopping centre car parks, but its there and its pissing me off.

4. Drivers side guard indicator lense fills up with moisture when car gets washed (no different to AU).

5. Passengers side electric window is as slow as a wet week - same as my AU was.

6. Fan belt shreading on one of the pulleys.

Not bad for 6,000 kms and a huge amount of care. This car has hardly been driven and the 10 litres / 100 kms represents the fact that it hasn't been driven hard. I really don't know what to say other then I'm a little dissapointed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Must be a August build thing....Mine is Aug 03 and the exact same problems as you...right down to the leaking indicator lense all before 10000km.

Don't be too discouraged, mine was all fixed easily by ford.

Since then my only problem has been the SHH SHH noise (tightend handbrake), creaky back end (re-tightened suspension) and oops.....almost forgot.....a new diff :blink:

All the best,

Simon

• Member For: 21y 2m 19d

10 litres / 100 km!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I would be over the moon if I could get that on one trip, let alone as an average. The turbo is nice, but it does come with a cost in fuel consumpion it seems. I think I am averaging about 13.5.

Just keep thinking about that fuel consumption and it might take the edge off all those other little niggles. LOL!

Cheers, Professor Ratbaggy

• Member For: 20y 2m 15d

Brent talk to Brad at Bob Jane, he'll tell you all about brake shudder, its an APS thing, Driving Instructors he knows at one of those defensive driving school things , told him they disconnect the APS off all cars, best way to brake is pedal pedal pedal, not pedal and ride em. know what I mean, talk to him man, he'll told me a few interestinf\g things.

But hey should have got the blueprint when you could of, never had any major problems, or minor ones except for that little prang. BUt you can't get rid of it, I need your car for my wedding. Oh and just remember what will you trade it for, all cars have their problems and I mean ALL of em......

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m
Brent talk to Brad at Bob Jane, he'll tell you all about brake shudder, its an APS thing, Driving Instructors he knows at one of those defensive driving school things , told him they disconnect the APS off all cars,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geez Peter will love that one :lol: :lol:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d

APS?

Hello Luke how much have you had to drink thisarvo? I have done an defensive driving course and have been taught how to use ABS, this is nothing to do with the ABS system, ABS causes a Shudder through the brake pedal at heavy braking, Brake shudder im talking about is a Shudder that is felt through the steering wheel when slowing down at high speeds due to warping of the front brake discs... It was something Ford apparently fixed by changing shims, yet this car seems to have a slight hint of it.. Not really sure why but ill be asking some questions eg. how badly the pads are worn :spoton:

Neways I don't care, my dealers pretty good to me so hopefully they will sort it all out, the suspension problem is bloody annoying.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d
Neways I don't care, my dealers pretty good to me so hopefully they will sort it all out, the suspension problem is bloody annoying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have heard that WRX's see a similar fate with their rear suspension.

I have also heard that WRX service depts. have been putting a rubber hose at the top of the spring to stop it rubbing against the tower.

This works till the hose wears away.

I was going to get this done to my car, but then by the time the next service came up it was gone....

I wanted this so they didn't angle grind my tower away as I'm not convinced it would be anywhere near as strong as before.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d

I could just imagin the 17 year old second year with the grinder :ermm::w00t2::spoton: