Warranty Problems - Ba Xr6

XRBloke

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d

My car is booked in for next Wednesday to have the following issues resolved, its reassuring to know nothings changed since the AU in build quality. :thumbsup:

1. Flexing Noise in rear suspension - driving me crazy on drivers side of car, there is a serious problem here and its got me worried.

2. Brake Shudder - August 04 plate car and still not yet to the bottom of it, however the brakes dont squeal which I am thankful for, yet after next week they probarly will.

3. Steering Shudder at low speeds - only seems to do it in shopping centre car parks, but its there and its pissing me off.

4. Drivers side guard indicator lense fills up with moisture when car gets washed (no different to AU).

5. Passengers side electric window is as slow as a wet week - same as my AU was.

6. Fan belt shreading on one of the pulleys.

Not bad for 6,000 kms and a huge amount of care. This car has hardly been driven and the 10 litres / 100 kms represents the fact that it hasn't been driven hard. I really don't know what to say other then I'm a little dissapointed.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 18d
My car is booked in for next Wednesday to have the following issues resolved, its reassuring to know nothings changed since the AU in build quality.  :thumbsup:

1. Flexing Noise in rear suspension - driving me crazy on drivers side of car, there is a serious problem here and its got me worried.

2. Brake Shudder - August 04 plate car and still not yet to the bottom of it, however the brakes dont squeal which I am thankful for, yet after next week they probarly will.

3. Steering Shudder at low speeds - only seems to do it in shopping centre car parks, but its there and its pissing me off.

4. Drivers side guard indicator lense fills up with moisture when car gets washed (no different to AU).

5. Passengers side electric window is as slow as a wet week - same as my AU was.

Not bad for 6,000 kms and a huge amount of care. This car has hardly been driven and the 10 litres / 100 kms represents the fact that it hasn't been driven hard. I really don't know what to say other then I'm a little dissapointed.

mod the hellout of it... the only way you get to really enjoy it... I was going to try and get all my issues fixed before modding and got nowhere.... I am still trying to get tehm all rectified but with the little mods I have it is a lot more enjoyable :whistle:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d

Few people here have mentioned this problem, it is apparently a rear spring issue that needs a tab ground off, there is a TSB for this job.

I am suprised your late model has this problem. This was meant to be fixed from Oct03 builds. The stock brakes are not known for squeeling, only the Premos.

Mine did this as well. Whinge like hell, they will put a different hose on that will fix the problem, but only if you kick up a stink and not accept their figure 8's in the carpark as a fix :whistle:

Never heard of this one, but it would only be a crack or a seal that needs fixing.

Mine did this as well, but it was drivers side. They will put silicone lube on the window channels that will fix the problem

They all do this, do not worry about it.

They are all minor problems, at least you do not have driveline clunk, stalling or whining diffs. These are much harder to get fixed properly.

Do not take any crap from the service guy, if you feel you are getting no where insist that you speak to the service manager.

You will be happy once its all done :thumbsup:

• Former XT pilot
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 27d
My car is booked in for next Wednesday to have the following issues resolved, its reassuring to know nothings changed since the AU in build quality.  :whistle:

AU build quality was ok :w00t2:

our AU probs in 4 years: 4 or 5 minor things...

our BA probs in 15 months: 23 problems...

This is pretty bizarre for a 6000km old XR6 to do, especially one with such a late build date. Is it very obvious? They'll probably machine them :thumbsup:

Ford will probably tell you "they all do that". If they tighten something, the shudder be back in 2 weeks..

They shouldn't do this, they probably need to replace the rubber seal on the globe holder. Our Au indicators did this, and I looked on the back and there were fractures in the plastic. FIX: Got AUIII clear ones :lol:

It needs to be gone over with a silicon spray. They did it to our AU when it was about a year old and the windows are still fine to this day.

Good luck with em :unsure:

• Donating Members

Yeh brakes only shudder from high speeds like 100 up... it was worse the other day coming down Cunninghams gap as they were hot, but I haven't been out on the highway the last few days so can't really comment till I go for a spin on the weekend. My dads BA with standard brakes use to squeak like a bas*ard... had them machined a few times and they never sorted the problem.

Interestingly enough Zap I had the TSB for the rear suspension undertaken at the 3000 km service, some part had to be grinded off as my car was one of the cars affected as it was fixed on anything built after August. Still have the issue so maybe it needs to be done again to sort it out properly.

The other things are pretty minor, I know the parts guys personally and the spare parts managers daughter had the steering shudder, there is a fix for it but if they will fix mine or not is another story... Theres only so many hours in a day which is understandable, I just hope my car is one of the ones started earlier in the day and not left till 3 pm.. :lol:

As for the AUs Glenn, I think I lost count at how many times mine had to have something repaired, I guess you get some which have no issues and others that are walking time bombs.

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 23d

Yep..

I would say the only way your are going to love that particular strain of T you have is to MOD it to about 400rwkw's

Then I bet you wont come here and complain.....

Sorry to hear about your problems mate.....

Hope you get it sorted.. Threre is enough wisdom and experience to help you on your way

• Member For: 19y 7m 23d

Mate, this flexing noise in the rear does it kind of sound like a wooden chair scraping on a wooden floor? You know the squeeking/ scrapping noise they make. My T ute has been doing this from new and with only 4500kms on it now its already been back 3 times and they can never find anything wrong. It only seens to happen when I'm on the pedal overtaking but of late its doing it when I accelerate hard even.

• Donating Members

Nah mines a real IRS problem....

Its got something to do with the TSB mentioned above, somethings just not right.

As for yours is it a SHHH SHHH noise? that's more like a handbrake adjustment problem where the handbrake shoes are rubbing?