Fpv, Where Is This F6 Typhoon?

Dr Z

• Member For: 21y 2m 7d

I was going to stay out of it but I just can't help myself.

Here is a different perspective.........Imagine if FPV had a "power upgrade" as a factory option(similar to sunroof, leather etc) Say it was a $4K factory option and it increased power to 350kw and 650nm of torque. Then this car would belt any standard HSV/FPV/STi/M3 ever built. Then the FPV hype would be accurate in everyones eyes, not just the majority of us. The car would be everything/ do everything that as ever promiosed by whatever marketing people we are criticising in this thread.

The reality is that this option is actually available right now. People have the option to Edit/Aps etc. and gain the power mentioned earlier. That this option isn't available from Ford at time of purchase is irrelevant to F6 Owners. I personally wouldn't tick the box and I'm sure many owners are happy with the power as it stands. But the real question is whether the car is worth the money?

Clearly it is to some. Clearly it isn't to others.

An FPV F6 with APS = $65k

If straight line performance is your thing the APS option is obvious. To many, it simply doesn't matter.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 11m
I dame well new when I ordered my typhoon that it was going to be slower than my TS50 and my Pursuit Ute but I thought it had so much potential and it is so much cheaper and lighter to upgrade my typhoon than a Gt or GtP.

I find this a little hard to believe that you were thinking that when you ordered your F6.

How did you come to the conclusion that it was going to be slower than your TS50?

The F6 is supposed to have 20 more kw, and 50 more Nm of torque. They weigh roughly the same. If anything, the F6 would be lighter.

So how did you 'damn well know' it was going to be slower?

The T3 is no slug, I know. But everyone was expecting mid 13 second times from the F6... EVERYONE. And we all know a T3 won't manage a mid 13 stock.

Sorry, but just sounds like a futile effort to defend your buying decision?

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 10m 12d

A good T3 will do mid 13 with no more than a CAI and a good exhaust...I think from memory when they were first tested by the Two motor mags they pulled flat14 stright out of the box with a 100Km on the clock.

• Member For: 21y 2m 7d

please let this rhetoric come to and end :pinch::blush:

I just can't resist one final dig at all the baggers out there.......ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION HONESTLY....

If the XR6T and the F6 were exactly the same price, how many XR6T would Ford sell? When you answer, "zero", ask yourself this.......

How much more is the F6 worth over the XR6T? To most owners that figure is about 13K. To the baggers out there it may be less. Ultimately, though, its matter of degrees.

The simple solution is this. If you don't think its worth the asking price, buy a XR6T and make it GO FASTER! I know a lot of WRX owners do this and bag the STi. They brag about 13k saved and use a fraction of that to make it faster than a STi :wub::wub:

I owned a XR6T for 2 years and loved every minute. If I still owned it I doubt I would be criticising the F6. When poeple say the F6 is just a tarted up XR6T, I say"EXACTLY!" Its "just" a better version of the car I loved driving for two years. :kiss::nono:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Just wondering, what makes a GT so much better than an XR8? And why doesn't the same apply to the F6?

Give me a phoon any day!

Trent.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d

At WSID last night there was a velocity Typhoon that ran consistant mid 14's. Having spoken to the owner he said that ford had sold him the car with modifications making it 280rwkw :spoton:

Anway, he blew up his clutch half way throught he night while doing burnouts pre-run. :o

• Member For: 19y 8m 16d
I dame well new when I ordered my typhoon that it was going to be slower than my TS and my Pursuit Ute but I thought it had so much potential and it is so much cheaper and lighter to upgrade my typhoon than a Gt or GtP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find this a little hard to believe that you were thinking that when you ordered your F6.

How did you come to the conclusion that it was going to be slower than your TS?

The F6 is supposed to have 20 more kw, and 50 more Nm of torque. They weigh roughly the same. If anything, the F6 would be lighter.

So how did you 'damn well know' it was going to be slower?

The T3 is no slug, I know. But everyone was expecting mid 13 second times from the F6... EVERYONE. And we all know a T3 won't manage a mid 13 stock.

Sorry, but just sounds like a futile effort to defend your buying decision?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My ts 50 ran a 14.1 at the 1/4 mile and all the things I read about the typhoon

1/4 mile was going to be about 14.5

my ts 50 has 210rwkw

my typhoon had 200.6

end of stories

Hilly

• Member For: 19y 8m 16d
At WSID last night there was a velocity Typhoon that ran consistant mid 14's. Having spoken to the owner he said that ford had sold him the car with modifications making it 280rwkw  :spoton:

Anway, he blew up his clutch half way throught he night while doing burnouts pre-run. :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you have any more info on the mods please

and what happend to the clutch was it the clip

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 24d
do you have any more info on the mods please

and what happend to the clutch was it  the clip

He said they removed the cat but didn't say much else. He said they also gave him a dyno sheet to prove the power. He also mentioned that he drove a standard phoon and then his car and notice the power difference.

I was waiting in a lane to run when he did the clutch. Just saw heaps of smoke come from the mid section of the car and no wheels spin and after the run he was gone...