Fpv, Where Is This F6 Typhoon?

Dr Z

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 10d

G'day Hilly. Hardly fair making comparisons between your car and an F6!! Your is more like an F111 now :spit:

For everyone else:

The std F6 is a quick car - look at the in gear acceleration figures posted in the magazines!! After looking at them and seeing the HSV is a second or more behind can't make the F6 a disspointment. Not in any logical comparison anyway.

Surely we cant judge the F6 on 1/4 mile times alone, can we?? If all we were worried about was 1/4mile times we would all be on Suzuki Hyabusa's cutting mid 10 second passes or 180sx Nissans with bombed SR20 motors pulling mid 11 second passes. :nono: For ME overall driving performance is the key, and while some were apparently expecting much more from the F6, its a bloody good car and will smoke a std XR6T in point to point driving. Its not backed up on the strip, but on a strip NM count for nothing but trouble/wheel spin off the line.

Why are we comparing Expensive Daewoo and Ford drag strip times? The Holdens are what 100Kg ligher?? Drag times are all KWvKG, so driving an FPV (or XR6T) puts us at a disadvantage before we even get to the line!! I don't live my life on a drag strip so for ME 1/4 mile times are not of any interest, not when I can gain car lengths into and out of corners on most other cars. For ME the fun is in the corners, not the straights anyway.

DrZ, mate your obviously a smart bloke but you seem obsessed with the fact the torque curve 'falls of a cliff' over 4250rpm. ust to confirm your obsession, yes it does, but with a close ratio 6 speed you are fair flying at 4250rpm in 6th, so what does it matter? :blink: Short shift 'em at 4500 - 5000rpm and ride the torque. Its not a 2ltr 4cyl so there is no need to have it screaming.

Cheers

Craig

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Nick tell everyone how you think my car goes like you have been in it :blink:

all they do is complain about the typhoons here. :nono:  :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fkn awsome and if you dont think an f6 aint good value then go back to school to learn your maths is that a good response mark?

He Lives  He Lives :nono:  :spit:

I thought you'd passed away on us Nick :lol:  :lol:

I hope your still working on a Fix for my Tornado? Its getting almost that time... :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do's I do's how are you too tornado?

un sure of tornado specs but with an f6 all you need for 300 atw is a good edit or ems1

I cant get ribbed for valve springs, injectors, cooler etc there all upto it by every ones standards well have to see what happens with this tornado business too!!!

im in head down bum up mode due too influx of work and development things like finishing cooler kits, exhuasts, etc so not much time for anything!!!!

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 10m 12d
im in head down bum up mode due too influx of work and development things like finishing cooler kits, exhuasts, etc so not much time for anything!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah! Some Fishing Cooler Kits hey? You bring me back a few fish Nick wont ya?????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks mate

When are we going back to kittys

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the geisha dont have to be back to go!!! so what you waitin 4?

0401 667 038 lets go!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah! Some Fishing Cooler Kits hey? You bring me back a few fish Nick wont ya?????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did I spell wong or didid you weed it wong?

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
Already had my say but will be replacing my turbo in 12-18 months and Typhoon/GT are obvious replacements.Stepping up to a Typhoon seems more like a step sideways to me so the GT looks the better proposition.What bothers me is that a 2001 HSV GTS is quicker than both and the Holdens keep getting faster.(No

I don't want a Holden)lI don't think its an unreal buyer expectation for FPV to match HSV's straightline performance.It seems like a cop-out from Ford when the owner has to modify his car just to equal the opposition.Saves on warranty claims I suppose. But anyway.... boy am I sick of the ragging from the Expensive Daewoo brigade,be nice to be top dog for a change;like we used to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Add $2000 to a F6 for a edit and injectors and put 2k into a Gt or any HSV and you'll have a clear winner :spit:

I think people have short memories as when the T first came out there was big expectation's with more pwr and torque than the Au had but still got smacked in 1/4 mile time's by the SS and Hsv's but we all know the potentional that the T has even more so with the Typhoon and I bet that any SS or Hsv that pull's up to a T at any set of light's would be very nervous in not knowing if it was stock or not and I know that when I pull up next to a piston slapper im certainly not intiminated

The T and the Typhoon are so easy to mod and keep your warranty who cares what there std times are IMO

CYA JEFF :blink:

• Member For: 19y 10m 5d

I cant resist.

I recon this whole frenzy about the F6 is caused by the way FPV/Ford have handled the PCOTY situation. Over inflated expectation of how the car would rate (given the performance of the XR6T in previous PCOTY tests) have not been satisfied. People are p*issed off and rightly so.

As far as the F6 being better bang for your buck..... depends on how much you value your buck. F6 is without doubt a better car than the XR , but so is a GT. Is it worth the extra coin being asked? I dont think so if you look at from a performance point of view, but yes if all aspects are considered. This should not be confused with "bang for your buck" rather overall value.

F6 owners - enjoy your ride. And stop taking the bait, your just fueling the fire.

F6 Baggers - why dont you start bagging HSV like to good old days!

my 2c anyway