Fpv, Where Is This F6 Typhoon?

Dr Z

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 10m 12d
you missed side air bags $2100

Ok I am sick of hearing this crap so it is about time I but my two cents worth here.

Here is something you guys might not know that typhoon dyno sheet on here and the aps web site is My CAR and the second thing you dont know is that when I took the car to aps and they dyno it it had 600 kays on the clock I would love to see and xr6t with 600 kays on the clock get 200.6 rwkw standared.

I dame well new when I orderd my typhoon that it was going to be slower than my TS50 and my Pursuit ute but I thought it had so much pertecial and it is so much cheaper and lighter to upgrade my typhoon than a Gt or GtP.

I remember when the xr6t come out that there was a lot of people on diffrent forums saying how sh*t the kw power was.

and I bet on this forums there are a lot of  xr6t owners out there that have done some sort of power modes to there cars.

At the next drag day I go to we will see how slow the typhoon will be and then we will but this sh*t to bed.

END OF THE DAY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Crazy F6

:crybaby:  :spoton:  :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Mark,

No side air bags in the ute sadly but something to add to the costs difference on the sedan which I didn’t compare, but without even looking it is well worth the difference. I’m sure Dr Z will spend some hours and add it all up right down to the last dollar & cent and post something like you were $156.97 out in your comparison.

It is getting very tiresome with some of these posts where members have no idea as to what the F6 actually is.

They forget that some people like yourself who already own performance vehicles do have some idea as to what you are buying and most of the criticism comes from people who would most likely never afford one let alone buy one.

Bit like giving Ice-cream to cops :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your Ride Mark as you have 3 magnificent vehicles there. :kissmy:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 8m 16d
you missed side air bags $2100

Ok I am sick of hearing this crap so it is about time I but my two cents worth here.

Here is something you guys might not know that typhoon dyno sheet on here and the aps web site is My CAR and the second thing you dont know is that when I took the car to aps and they dyno it it had 600 kays on the clock I would love to see and xr6t with 600 kays on the clock get 200.6 rwkw standared.

I dame well new when I orderd my typhoon that it was going to be slower than my TS50 and my Pursuit ute but I thought it had so much pertecial and it is so much cheaper and lighter to upgrade my typhoon than a Gt or GtP.

I remember when the xr6t come out that there was a lot of people on diffrent forums saying how sh*t the kw power was.

and I bet on this forums there are a lot of  xr6t owners out there that have done some sort of power modes to there cars.

At the next drag day I go to we will see how slow the typhoon will be and then we will but this sh*t to bed.

END OF THE DAY IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Crazy F6

:crybaby:  :spoton:  :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Mark,

No side air bags in the ute sadly but something to add to the costs difference on the sedan which I didn’t compare, but without even looking it is well worth the difference. I’m sure Dr Z will spend some hours and add it all up right down to the last dollar & cent and post something like you were $156.97 out in your comparison.

It is getting very tiresome with some of these posts where members have no idea as to what the F6 actually is.

They forget that some people like yourself who already own performance vehicles do have some idea as to what you are buying and most of the criticism comes from people who would most likely never afford one let alone buy one.

Bit like giving Ice-cream to cops :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your Ride Mark as you have 3 magnificent vehicles there. :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks mate,

What state are you in are you going to the fpv day in feb

Cheers

Hilly :gooff:

crazy f6 hill billy ok then hilly how are you!

he is in no state at all to answer that!

he's in the nt were all the money is lol lol lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Nick tell everyone how you think my car goes like you have been in it :crybaby:

all they do is complain about the typhoons here. :spoton::kissmy:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 27d
Before everyone gets caught up on absolute numbers, consider the relative numbers:

WRX = 168kW

WRX STi = 195kW

STi has a 27/168 = 16% increase in maximum power.

XR6T = 240kW

F6 = 270kW

F6 has a 30/240 = 12.5% increase in maximum power.

Now that is not a big relative difference...and that's the point.

It is not necessarily the size of the maximum power but the shape of the power and torque curves across the entire RPM range that are important determinants of straight-line performance.  We have all seen the F6 dyno with the crippled torque curve at 4250RPM, which, together with gearing, explains why it is barely quicker than an XR6T.

FPV did not take the opportunity to add more grunt to the Mk II GT and GT-P so they did the only thing they painted themselves in a corner to do..."dumb down" the F6 to put it in its place.

Of course, the "smart" sustainable long-term business growth choice would have been to increase the grunt of all of them, but no doubt some silly decals and other "tarting up and hype" make up for all of that right?.  Another missed opportunity FPV.  Perhaps next time?

David Flint, your fans are still waiting for some explanations.

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.  :crybaby:

Already had my say but will be replacing my turbo in 12-18 months and Typhoon/GT are obvious replacements.Stepping up to a Typhoon seems more like a step sideways to me so the GT looks the better proposition.What bothers me is that a 2001 HSV GTS is quicker than both and the Holdens keep getting faster.(No

I don't want a Holden)lI don't think its an unreal buyer expectation for FPV to match HSV's straightline performance.It seems like a cop-out from Ford when the owner has to modify his car just to equal the opposition.Saves on warranty claims I suppose. But anyway.... boy am I sick of the ragging from the Expensive Daewoo brigade,be nice to be top dog for a change;like we used to be.

• F6+300+
  • Member For: 19y 10m 12d
crazy f6 hill billy ok then hilly how are you!

he is in no state at all to answer that!

he's in the nt were all the money is lol lol lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He Lives He Lives :spoton::kissmy:

I thought you'd passed away on us Nick :lol: :lol:

I hope your still working on a Fix for my Tornado? Its getting almost that time... :crybaby:

Before everyone gets caught up on absolute numbers, consider the relative numbers:

WRX = 168kW

WRX STi = 195kW

STi has a 27/168 = 16% increase in maximum power.

XR6T = 240kW

F6 = 270kW

F6 has a 30/240 = 12.5% increase in maximum power.

Now that is not a big relative difference...and that's the point.

It is not necessarily the size of the maximum power but the shape of the power and torque curves across the entire RPM range that are important determinants of straight-line performance.  We have all seen the F6 dyno with the crippled torque curve at 4250RPM, which, together with gearing, explains why it is barely quicker than an XR6T.

FPV did not take the opportunity to add more grunt to the Mk II GT and GT-P so they did the only thing they painted themselves in a corner to do..."dumb down" the F6 to put it in its place.

Of course, the "smart" sustainable long-term business growth choice would have been to increase the grunt of all of them, but no doubt some silly decals and other "tarting up and hype" make up for all of that right?.  Another missed opportunity FPV.  Perhaps next time?

David Flint, your fans are still waiting for some explanations.

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z.  :crybaby:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Already had my say but will be replacing my turbo in 12-18 months and Typhoon/GT are obvious replacements.Stepping up to a Typhoon seems more like a step sideways to me so the GT looks the better proposition.What bothers me is that a 2001 HSV GTS is quicker than both and the Holdens keep getting faster.(No

I don't want a Holden)lI don't think its an unreal buyer expectation for FPV to match HSV's straightline performance.It seems like a cop-out from Ford when the owner has to modify his car just to equal the opposition.Saves on warranty claims I suppose. But anyway.... boy am I sick of the ragging from the Expensive Daewoo brigade,be nice to be top dog for a change;like we used to be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That day will come later on this year with a new car from fpv but I have been told you wont get any change out of $100,000.

• Member For: 21y 10m 13d

Without any disrespect, Dr Z I know you are a pretty intelligent guy because we have met so there is no doubt in my mind that what you say is very well thought out.

But one thing I must say is that the issue here is not so much that the F6 is not what it was meant to be. it's that the FPV V8's were not uprated in power for MkII that has caused the F6 to be the scapegoat.

You have posted the same things on a number of threads in this forum as well as others. The extra cost of the F6 is justifyied if you calculate all the extra added benefits/ features the Typhoon has over an XR6 T. Add them up and you'll see what I mean. And let me tell you having driven one from City Ford to Peter Warren Smithfield on a 40deg day in December it is a better allround performance package than the Turbo. And yes I own a MkI XR6 Turbo myself! There is a big difference between the two in everyway, handling, mid-range grunt, stopping power, interior ambience amongst other things.

The best thing to do is to drive one when the opportunity becomes available and then reassess your view on the car.

Edited by RATT

• Member For: 20y 6m 29d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good post Mr X..good summary..FPV OVER-SELLS and UNDER-DELIVERS.

I can undesrtand current F6 owners loving their car..that's great...it is a "good but not great" car, keep loving it! :spit:

But FPV should be held accountable for this type of peurile hyped nonsense (all real FPV quotes) leading up to the F6 launch buildup that at best insults the intelligence of its prospective customers and at worst is deceptive misleading advertising:

..."new benchmark in the Australian high performance car segment"...

..."mind blowing F6 Typhoon"...

..."F6 Typhoon is set to be the next Australian motoring icon"...

..."FPV's mantra of Total Performance"...

etc.

..when in REALITY for an extra $13,745 the F6 is a "tarted up" XR6T that is barely consistently quicker than a stock XR6T and much slower than an APS Phase I XR6T. Call that a "new benchmark", "mind blowing", "next Australian motoring icon" and "Total Performance"? :nono::sick:

FPV, if that is the best you want to offer us then expect your declining FPV sales to continue while HSV gleefully grabs your bang-for-buck high performance market share. :spit:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z. :blink:

• Member For: 20y 6m 29d
Without any disrespect, Dr Z I know you are a pretty intelligent guy because we have met so there is no doubt in my mind that what you say is very well thought out.

But one thing I must say is that the issue here is not so much that the F6 is not what it was meant to be. it's that the FPV V8's were not uprated in power for MkII that has caused the F6 to be the scapegoat.

You have posted the same things on a number of threads in this forum as well as others. The extra cost of the F6 is justifyied if you calculate all the extra added benefits/ features the Typhoon has over an XR6 T. Add them up and you'll see what I mean. And let me tell you having driven one from City Ford to Peter Warren Smithfield on a 40deg day in December it is a better allround performance package than the Turbo. And yes I own a MkI XR6 Turbo myself! There is a big difference between the two in everyway, handling, mid-range grunt, stopping power, interior ambience amongst other things.

The best thing to do is to drive one when the opportunity becomes available and then reassess your view on the car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RATT, you are a great guy, very helpful and knowledgable, I would recommend you to anyone wanting to buy a Ford/FPV and I may very well buy my next Ford/FPV from you. In addition, I agree with you here 100%! :blink:

FPV under-delivered on the Mk I GT and GT-P, had the chance to do something about it for the Mk II GT and GT-P but just kept up with their primary marketing philosophy of "more tart and hype". They failed to deliver a "Total Performance" competitive product range so then intentionally CRIPPLED the F6 after all of the 2004 hype to ensure its product placement below the GT and GT-P. Rather than do this why not uplift the entire product range in "Total Performance"?

What I have been saying all along is rather than FPV playing to their strength of "tart and hype" how about FPV takes its loyal customer base seriously and spends some R&D dollars to deliver the "Total Performance" we all seek.

While some of you may be happy to accept "good but not great" from Ford/FPV I am not. Help FPV to better understand why their sales are falling. "Tart and hype" does not cut it....real "Total Performance" does!

FPV, forget "tart and hype". Let your "Total Performance" mantra do the talking on the street! :spit:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z. :nono: