T56

Turbo6man

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 12d

So I was at my dealers today to arrange a test drive of a new XR8 6 speed. They just got one in (in Rapid), not even cleaned up yet so I'm down for first drive as soon as she's done in PD.

Anyhow, I checked in at spares while I was there to see if prices have been released yet for the T56s. YES! BA 7003 D for the T6 and BA 7003 E for the 8 as Mick has already posted.

Anyhow the prices are listed as virtually the same and my buying price is about $5,800.00. This includes the bell-housing. From what I could make out from the part numbers the tailshafts are the same as for the T5/TR3650. I didn't have time to check the clutches. I also have yet to confirm if it includes the shifter.

Anyhow, if any peoples here are keen enough to want to purchase a T56 for their MkI T or XR8/GT/GT-P let me know, and if, it's a big IF at this stage, Ford have enough stock that they will in fact sell them over the counter, I think the price I have been quoted is pretty good. MS700 may be able to confirm/deny any truth in this rumour :w00t2:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d

I still haven't got any firm pricing outta Ford yet, well done Jeff!

$5800? Hmmm, not bad, I "heard" around the traps it was about 9K retail.

I believe that the gearboxes are shipped less shifter. It would be a first for Ford to supply shifters with trans assemblies. :ermm:

If 6k is your buy price, I could do better..... :w00t2: :lol: :lol: Ford will sell anything over the counter, its just a case of waiting for them to become a stocked item in Melbourne.

*ponders* supercharged XC with T56........ :B)::spit:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d

Bit of a long shot but...... what chance do you reckon somebody with a 5 speed on the way out would have of gettin a 6 speed slotted in under warranty????? :w00t2:

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d
Bit of a long shot but...... what chance do you reckon somebody with a 5 speed on the way out would have of gettin a 6 speed slotted in under warranty????? :spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We would definately consider your case Dags. Well, where I work would anyway.

What would happen, is we would price up a new 5sp, then price the new 6sp, and you would have to pay the difference. You'd have to cough up for the clutch too, but if youre ultra keen on a 6sp, its definatley a cheap way out of it. :w00t2:

• Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 11m 15d
..Anyhow, I checked in at spares while I was there to see if prices have been released yet for the T56s. YES! BA 7003 D for the T6 and BA 7003 E for the 8 as Mick has already posted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BA7003D = TR3650 from the MkI V8.

BA7003E = T5 from the MkI Turbo.

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 25d

Jeff or anyone else with the ability to get this information.

I would be very interested to know the following:

*What is the price difference between the T5 and T56 on fords books (If any)?

*Has the T56 been modified to fit the mark 2 or has the Mark 2 been modded to fit the T56?

*If so does the T56 bolt straight into the Mark 1? Or is there major changes to be made?

This would help me immensly as I am getting my 2nd T5 installed and if this is a dud, I will be pushing Ford to put in a upgraded T56 as I know there are no ongoing issues with this box. I will be pushing them from the fact that I do not want to head down the same path as my diff senario, now being up for my 4th. :spoton:

• Great rack
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 26d
I would be very supprised if Ford and Tremec would alow you to upgrade to a t56 for 2 reasons

1) would be that the this would reduce sales of the series 2 because they are depending on others trading up to a 6 speed MkII,

&

2) it would encourage owners to thrash thier cars to try to blow their box up, so that they can upgrade for a few grand to the 6 speed.

just my opinion

:innocent: .........A couple of good points there! :smilielol:

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 25d
I would be very supprised if Ford and Tremec would alow you to upgrade to a t56 for 2 reasons

1) would be that the this would reduce sales of the series 2 because they are depending on others trading up to a 6 speed MkII,

&

2) it would encourage owners to thrash thier cars to try to blow their box up, so that they can upgrade for a few grand to the 6 speed.

just my opinion

Understand your points BCR, however as per my diff problem they cannot keep supplying components that fail. I think in the US if a major componenet is replaced more than 3 times, they have to give you a new car.

My point is they are providing me with a Mk2 diff (which has been upgarded from the Mark 1) hence wy I am having to wait, as they are trying to keep up with production on Mk2's.

My second T5 may be fine but if it is also a dud, they have a known problem with these boxes that they cannot seem to fix. However they are providing a new component on the same model for the new cars coming off the line, hence if they cannot retify the T5 problem there is a known fix in a T56.

I doubt on the scale of things replacing it with a T56 would make much difference to their car sales, ontop of that most people that have had drivetrain probs with their mark1 have indicated they will not purchase another T again, hence from ford's perspective I am not upgrading ever. So they may be better off providing me with an obvious immediate fix to my car, as to be able down the track to get me into another ford when I upgrade.

If they would do this to fix my problem then I would not be advertising it, and I think with the rollercoaster ride and myrid of excuses alot of the forum members have had from Ford , I very much doubt people will go and purposely blow up their boxes, as there is a 50% chance they will not get it fixed. All you have to do is look at the ones that have got their diffs fixed, and the ones that cannot as they are told that it's normal.

ford are not about keeping customers, or loyalty or anything to do with after sales service. They are about getting the new punters in selling them a car and moving onto the next smuck. All you have to do is look closely at their advertsing campaign, they are not targeting existing customers.

Warranty's are just a gimmick as you should not have to fight to get things that are obviously wrong fixed, this is the basis of Fords policy, get rid of the problem rather than fix it.