1/4 Mile Run - Stock T

Guest PSIXR6

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

Using the G tech it is very important that the road is level. A slight uphill will give false better times and downhill the opposite due to the readings being of G- force.

ie holding the G tech vertically will show 1 G even when stationary.

Another problem is that as a car accelerates the nose will rise slightly also giving false better times.

Otherwise I am very impressed with the G tech and for such a small device it is very impressive. Mounted sideways it shows your cornering G- force. It can also be used to calculate horsepower.

There are four versions available

1 ) The old cheap one $60 - $100 on Ebay

2) The Competition Pro $300 -$400

3) The SS $200- $300 New model same as RR except without download capabilities.

4) The RR $300 - $500 This one allows download to a computer and is identical to the Competition Pro as far as I can tell, just newer and silver instead of black.

It is fun to try it out in all your available cars and those of your friends as it so easy to transfer from car to car. The disadvantage is the suction cup often comes undone. Probably best to screw permantly in place or use the velcro directly onto a flat surface (Very important it is perfectly level).

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
Hey guys,

Well im trying to get on the forums more and more. Well anyways im in Melb, have just gotten my new runout model T, with a 5speed. Ive put a K&N filter in it, and is all stock otherwizes. Car has done 1600km so far, just run it it. I drove it fairly easy for the first 450kms and from there have driven it quite hard.

Well I got together with a mate of mine who had a G-Tec and we test out my T.

Did 3 runs;

1st:  0-100  6.7sec, 1/4 in 14.5

2nd: 0-100  6.3sec  1/4 in 14.4

Both those run with traction control on.

3rd : 0-100  5.7sec  1/4 in 14.04

Traction control Off.

Do these figure sound honest to you guys who can remember what your cars did in factory trim. :blink:

Will take it to a track soon to get an official time slip of course

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those times are pretty close to what I got with my G-tech, they are within .2 of a sec. I have recorded a best 0-100 of 5.45 sec.

I also ran my G-tech against the timing gear at willowbank and 4 out of 6 runs were within .18 of a sec with the tracks timing gear, 2 of them though were way out, 1.8 sec below what I actually run.

Dazza.

• Member For: 20y 9m 26d

For those frustrated with the G-tech suction cup, I recommend attaching the unit without bracket above the left end of sun visor with a rubber band. It is easy to get it level and is a perfect fit. To do lateral G-force reading attach to passengers sun visor.

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d

Do a search from the front page on G-Tech. Type it like that also, if there are any there they should come up. Full name for the one I bought off ebay is G-Tech Performance Meter Pro. :w00t2:

Dazza.

• Lemming No #5
  • Member For: 19y 10m 29d
Do a search from the front page on G-Tech.  Type it like that also, if there are any there they should come up.  Full name for the one I bought off ebay is G-Tech Performance Meter Pro.  :blink:

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks heaps there are a sh*tload available just waiting for the right time to bid....