Running In

Mondie

How did you run in your car? Are you having trouble?  

100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 7d

You didnt search very well at all KryZak this is a sticky in the engine section....although your thread is now part of it, as will all future "Running In" threads be.

Drive it like you stole it. :beerchug:

• Member For: 17y 5m 18d
You didnt search very well at all KryZak this is a sticky in the engine section....although your thread is now part of it, as will all future "Running In" threads be.

Drive it like you stole it. :buttrock:

Sorry, I must have only had the main XRT forum selected. Thanks for Moving it.

• Member For: 18y 17d

My philosiphy is to drive normally (no flogging, no labouring) for the first 1,000. Then get a bit rougher for the next 400, then really give it what for for the next 1,000.

I change the oil to a good mineral at 1,500, then go synthetic at 5,000.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 1m 3d

I was alway told if you want a good hard motor give it some when runnin it in. ive done that since I was a kid with dirt bikes seems to work for me. I was up for new rear tyres on my bf before 5000k im now at 19000 need another set and goes hard no odd noises no problems at all. drive it like you stole it or DONT BUY IT!!!!!! :Doh:

• Member For: 17y 3m 6d

Given that most of my daily driving is along freeways...is it ok to hold say 3rd gear and go up and down on the revs from 3000-4000 revs for a couple of K's...then change to 4th gear for another couple of K's to let the engine return to normal temps...then slow down to 80ks and drop it in 2ng gear and give it a boot to just under 5000 revs then let it slow down to 80k again and then repeat the 3rd gear run as stated above...?

I just want to know if it can cause the Auto any damage by holding one gear for a couple of K's at high revs...?

• 4 months later...
  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 2d
I just want to know if it can cause the Auto any damage by holding one gear for a couple of K's at high revs...?

These cars have a non-visible rev limiter that is there for a reason. Its to prevent engine damage, just holding a gear for a few k's wont do anything except send your fuel consumption skywards, but dont hold it for a 100k's.

I.B.

• 5 months later...
  • Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 14d

Drive like it should be, don't thrash it, but babying a new car is one of the worst things to do!

Basically go and enjoy your car mate, drive it how you would normally