Beware Car Bras!

Paradoxx

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d

Instead of contact, my suggestion is GLADWRAP. I have noticed on my drives from Bendigo to Melbourne, it can slide down a little which concerns me, cos the clear plastic is what damages the front paint work.

And gladwrap won't leave any dodgy residue on your bonnet. I apply it on the corners of the front bar, under and above the headlights and have not had a problem yet, touch wood.

BTW that looks nothing like the car bras I have used on either of my cars. I thought that something was a miss when I saw the price you paid. The original manufacturer in Reservoir uses elastic and hooks to attach under the wheel arches. And the material is alot thicker than what you have there. The real deal is a good bit of kit in my opinion.

My 2 cents

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 2d

Yeah the material was quite thick and there are elastic thingys holding the brackets there. It has torn near where it joins to the fabric, and when you get a tear start it runs quite easily.

How will glad wrap protect against stone chips?

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 20d

I was talking about gladwrap under the car bra. On extended high speed trips the bra can slide a little and this is when the clear plastic can rub on the panels and leave little scratches and the like.

The elastic I am talking (typing) about goes around the wheel arches. Not like the ones on your bra, 2 elastic straps on either side, that go in a small hole that you punch into the inner guard liner in front of the wheels.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and that's why the original is 100 bucks dearer than the mock ups. It's a bit like wanting XR6T power from a Hyundai excel and only paying 10,000gs for it!

• Member For: 20y 7m 27d
On extended high speed trips the bra can slide a little and this is when the clear plastic can rub on the panels and leave little scratches and the like.

that's exactly what happened to me. :censored:

Anth.

• 4 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 20d

:stupid: Hey everyone, I'm soon to prushase and get a new FG FPV GT this weekend, if some can let me know if there is a good car bra to use or if its a bad idea to do so because I'll be driving back home from brisbane to townsville. it would be really helpful if sum one knows or how to overcome the damn stone chippin.

P.S Its not only the trucks you sit behind its the cars and trucks that drive past aswell that causes damage aswell.

from XR6TBLUE. :blush:

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 19d

The newer car bras have a nice soft cotton layer to stop the rubbing, just remember to fit it as tight as possible to stop the car bra sliding down and moving up and down. A good coat of wax on the car can also help keep the rub marks away

Make sure you throw up some pics of your new car too!

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

What about that clear goopy gel called CARDOM (www.goopguys.com.au) you roll on with a foam roller and then peel it off once at your destination, it sgetting an excellent rap from everyone and has been used on show cars with no problems.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

yeah I had one for my ute as I did a lot of long driving out in the country and never marked or rubbed anything.. best value for money saving stone chips.. I got the the colour coded car-bra and cost something like 500 bucks it was red to match vixen as that was the colour of my car the only thing is it faded real bad after like 8 months or so of use...

• Member For: 18y 1m 2d

As above, you get what you pay for. The pictures aren't loading, but it sounds like its a dud car bra that you purchase.

I have a colour coded one from the original guys. As long as you put a coat of polish on before you fit the bra you will have no problems (dont rub it off). You pay for quality protection, and the 3M protective film is not cheap either.

Your also a bit foolish for continuing to drive when you can clearly here something is not right. You can stop and pull over anywhere on the road, nothing is going to stop you from stopping there. Its unfortunate your car was damaged, but the manufacturer is not at fault here.

Its almost like oh I heard my engine making grinding noises, but I kept going and now the engine is dead, Ford that's your fault so fix it for free...