Auto Transmission

zd351

• Member For: 20y 1m 23d

Hoping someone can provide advice on the following.

Driving home last night I noticed the gear indicator on the dash flashing. After pulling up at a set of lights and then taking off the car basically had no power. It did not use first and second to get off the mark. Tried manual mode to get some revs to get the thing going but this not operational. Then noticed speedo didn't work. Limped the car home and called my trusted service adviser after hours on his mobile. Ironically the car was booked in today for the dreaded brake shudder............. again.

Got up this morning wondering whether the thing would make it to Ford. Low and behold the flashing indicator had disappeared and the speedo was working. She was cahnging gears reasonably well however, she definitely feels she is down on power. Any way she made it to the dealer. Prognosis to follow.

Has anyone experienced a similar fate? Is this what happens when the car goes into "limp mode"?

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d

Mate :spoton:

Welcome to the Mad house..

Sounds like limp home mode. The Auto may have over heated. Have a look in the manual I think there is a section that lists what the deal is if this happens and or why.

There "should" be an error code in the cars computer re the problem. Hopefully the dealer can get more info from there...

Good luck :w00t2:

• Member For: 20y 7m 2d

Yeah, I found this out as well. I put a high stall in my car and I managed to stall it up to just over 3000rpm which made it go into limp mode and only start in 3rd. I just had to turn the car off and on again and it was fine.

• Member For: 21y 28d

Mine did the some thing a few months back when driving to work. Gear indicator flashing, stuck in 4th gear and the speedo stopped working. As soon as I turned it off and restarted everything seemed to working OK, so I didn't think it was heat related. Dropped it into the service centre but they said they couldn't find anything.

The only good news is that was at 13,000kms and now at 23,000 I haven't had the problem again (fingers crossed).