XR8 HITS TREE AT HIGH SPEED!

simmo

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 23d
I dont want to start a b**ch fight, but looking at the age of the driver and the age of the other fatality in the last paragraph, there is some good evidence that its not only young people who HOON.  Condolences to the family.

Dazza.

Hey I'm 39 and I've been told by reliable sources that I'm still a hoon. :spoton:

Geea. :spoton:

But since you seem to do more time at the track than anyone here, you are a safe

hoon. It is a wake up call when you see stuff like that and makes you think about stuff you did when you were younger and you just want to slap yourself for being such a dickhead.

Dazza.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

Speed and dangerous driving aren't reserved for the young. Just good to see that he didn't take anyone with him, although it's always terrible for the family.

Same thing happened here a few months back,country road,crazy speed,BUT 4 killed!!!

Flashback for me to the 70s,,First Johnny bannes high powered guns

Next high powered cars to help drive down the road toll bla bla

To blame poles and roads,stop taging yourself.

When you get a licence,it says drive to the conditions and speed limits

We all know the story here,so dont start me,speed at a track,eg Geea and co.

What makes me sick are poofta stupid judges that found Mallala race track at fault

because a motor cycle rider was doing over 200kph,came unstuck,as you do,hit the wall and was killed

We all know motor sport is dangerous,that rider knew it,and Ill bet hed be looking down and spewing that the track might close cause of him

I can feel it in my blood the RWKW war is soon to end,hang on to your cars folks because they are gunna become collectors items sadly.

vik

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 9m

Tragedy for sure. :o

Bloody newspaper reports it as "high powered car" - so fcuking what if it was high powered? Any car can do over 100km/h even the most underpowered 4cyl or even 3 cyl, imagine what shape one of these would be in if it had hit the tree or pole that this XR8 did. You never hear about that do you? :sick: Or if you do only because a P plater was involved.

By the sounds of it was a bit of a trecherous road with curves, bumps, farmers, cattle and all sorts of other obstacles combined with a bit too much speed for the conditions (and perhaps alcohol, dunno until the coroners report).

It just sh!ts me the media putting their own spin on things just to sell newspapers or get TV ratings instead of reporting just the facts. :sick:

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m

As has been said, it'll be interesting if we could know what the coroner does, the one I witnessed two months ago is still being looked at. Got a call from accident investigation last week following up & getting my statement. Speed was the culprit, but the question is why was he speeding?

Scotty

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 23d

Vik, was the mallala incident a track day type of event or was it a competition event?? Either way I would assume that he would have signed a waiver and the track would have to meet some sort of safety regulations, if those regulations were not met fair enough, if they were its just unlucky for the rider. I heard the arse end of a report on the news about this, it seems the family are pushing pretty hard for some sort of compensation, whether that be money or closure of the track or stricter safety guidlines I didnt hear.

Dazza.

• Member For: 20y 2m 16d
Bloody newspaper reports it as "high powered car" - so fcuking what if it was high powered? Any car can do over 100km/h even the most underpowered 4cyl or even 3 cyl, imagine what shape one of these would be in if it had hit the tree or pole that this XR8 did. You never hear about that do you? :blush: Or if you do only because a P plater was involved.

I agree with your point re the newspapers, but there would have to be a much higher chance of someone fanging an XR8 than a Corolla Conquest because of the sort of person (like me) that buys a performance car. Insurance companies have higher premiums in part for performance cars not because they are less safe, but because the car indicates something about the person driving it. Same goes for modifications - do 20" wheels, lowered suspension, more power, a body kit and a larger exhaust make a car more unsafe? Maybe more likely to be stolen, but they believe it also indicates more about the owner. My thoughts anyway... :pinch:

• Member For: 21y 4m 26d
It seems the first cause of an accident in a high powered car is always speed even before its actually investigated. They could at least wait until its properly investigated before they come to that assumption. Jounalists love to jump on the speed bandwagon for the headlines. Not saying that it didn't happen that way but there can also be other factors. He could have fallen asleep at the wheel if the car failed to take a bend.

I agree 100%.

Those who said he contributed due to speed should learn a bit of logic and physics.

There was nothing I saw in the article that indicated there was any reason to state he was speeding.

People are quick to jump on the hysteria bandwagon - and I am surprised to see people in this forum are too. They fall for the hype crap in the papers. The V8 engine contributed.....riiiiiight. What a load of emotional crap.

Poles will cut cars in half even at lowish speeds. Cetainyl I have seen cars cut in half at 60kmh, especially if they hit in just the right spot, and at the right angle. They cut clean through. 80kmh is easy. 100 is almost guaranteed.

If you know a bit a bout physics you can do the sums and quickly prove that a 1.6tonne+ car travellign even at 60kmh, hitting something narrow and thin like a pole results in amazing amounts of kinetic energy being concentrated on a small area of the car. The result is total destruction of that area. Hit in just the right spot and there is excess energy that cant be transferrd to the car and the result is it being chopped into pieces.

Trees and poles are major killers for just this reason. They are the WORST thing to hit. A brick wall looks worse but is a much better alternative.

Its for exactly this reason and the huge number of deaths that some European countries have removed all trees and poles near highways. Unlike our stupid governments they did the research and found out that when cars run off roads even at highway speeds, they usually stop within 9m of the roadside. So they cleared 10m either side of freeways, and the results speak for themselves - many less people die.

So what is to say the guy wasnt following the speed limit and nodded off for a second, sneezed or similar? Maybe his steering broke. Maybe a brake line got punctured and helped him lose control. A million alternatives exist. Speeding is just one of them.