GT stripes...what's the deal

sahilson

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 25d
hey lets think of another scenario wat is it called if you buy a T and put 14s on it

rice or just stupid?

Only stupid if you werent using them for burnouts. :spoton:

Dazza.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldnt class putting 18's on an excel rice, in most cases 18's on an excel would look ok.   :gooff:

Why would anyone bother putting 18's on an EXCEL? RICE!!! It's like putting 18's on a Niki 650. Why why why!?!

Why would you pay $70,000 for a GTP that can be beaten by an XR6 Turbo with about $3,000 worth of mods?? Why why why?

:spoton:

You dont even need $3000 worth of mods, I showed one up at willowbank when my car was stock, he did a 14.8 and I did a 14.6, ten minutes before that he was telling us it was chipped to 320kw. :w00t2:

Dazza.

Guest GTPChris
  • Guests
I wouldnt class putting 18's on an excel rice, in most cases 18's on an excel would look ok.   :w00t2:

Why would anyone bother putting 18's on an EXCEL? RICE!!! It's like putting 18's on a Niki 650. Why why why!?!

Why would you pay $70,000 for a GTP that can be beaten by an XR6 Turbo with about $3,000 worth of mods?? Why why why?

:spoton:

What a stupid question!! It demonstrates just how naive you really are.

I was going to explain it to you, but I just couldn't be bothered. Pfffft

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
I wouldnt class putting 18's on an excel rice, in most cases 18's on an excel would look ok.   :sofa:

:kissmy:

What a stupid question!! It demonstrates just how naive you really are.

I was going to explain it to you, but I just couldn't be bothered. Pfffft

No just shows how naive and arrogant you were to ask what you asked in the first place.

Why question what someone else does, just because you dont agree with it doesnt give you the right does it?

I just made example by saying what I said, dont take it personal but ive just stepped on your toes I think. :blush:

Maybe the STUPID Excel driver owns their car outright, and couldnt be bothered financing something expensive to prove a point? Come on fair go Australia!! What are we turning into here? :nono:

Not nice is it :crybaby:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
......FACT - The copycat attempt of placing GT stripes on an XR6T is try-hard and therefore rice. Most in the forum agree, not sure how you can dispute that.......

FACT - 6 out of 11 posts by new member to the forum relate to a topic about whether stripes on an XR are rice......Someone has an ego trip happening. :kissmy:

Maybe if you'd take the time to check out some of the threads relating to the topic of GT stripes on other models, then you'd be in a better position to claim "most in the forum agree" . You'll find the people here are not of the same opinion you claim.

Mate it doesn't matter whether GT stripes are on a GT-P or an NA XR6, they look good on either cause they're the same car bar the wing.

Got nothin to do with been a "try hard". It's more to do with making ya sled look good.

And if you wanna debate what is rice, come to the Gold Coast for a weekend and check out the espy cruisin. That's where the rice is. And trust me, 18s on a stocko XT or stripes on a XR6 ute are most def not rice.

Better still, goto www.ricecop.com and do some homework.

I agree totally, his posts on Ford forums aren't much better, I think the ole GTP has gone to the head :sofa: Just because some of us dont drive GTPs doesnt mean we can't afford them or we arent good enough to own them, more then likely we have better things to spend our hard earned cash on. Whats your GTP do that my XR6 doesnt?? Wow it does the quarter mile a few seconds quicker, uses about 8 litres more petrol per hundred kms, depreciates faster and finally uses lots of oil (in reference to GT 522 and 922, yes you had alot to say about that poor guy to!)

I like your HgAg GTp, its a beautiful car so dont get me wrong. Everyones allowed to have an opinion which is what you've got, but why make a general census that everyone agrees with you, when we CERTAINLY do not! :nono: So I just disputed that fact

Getting back on topic, as for the Stripes war I thought about putting them on my NA, but the finish was a little below my standard and I didnt particular wanna spend a heap of cash on something that might bubble / have to be taken off at a later date, as per most GT/ GTP examples I could find at the selling dealer.. They are positioned around the lower body of the car which gets the most road grime, tar and mud, so I dont really think they are the best option for someone like me who does a fair bit of outback cruising.

*pow* *bang* *Thwap* *punch*

Bara/XrBloke,

sh*t!!!! You really don't like me stating my opinion do you? :crybaby:

Firstly - whats this bullsh*t about me being a newbie? I've been on many ford forums for years and I'm certainly not new to the debate of stripes on GT's/XR's. So what I'm new to THIS particular forum? Does that make it fair of you to judge me as a newbie. It's not only a cheap shot, but considering it wasn't me who initiated this thread, I fail to see your point.

What ego trip are you talking about? You're the one getting all personal yet you choose to critisise the quality of my posts. HA!!! What a laugh. :blush:

You think GT stripes look good on an XR. That's your opinion. I'm willing to bet the majority of BA Falcon owners would disagree. You're one of the few that happen to like the look of them on an XR. Do you happen to have shares in Auto pro, super cheap auto or Dave's dodgy car accessories?

Who are you trying to kid by making the assumption there are set guidelines as to what is rice and what is not. If something looks stupid to me, I think it's rice. Again that's my opinion.

I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet just because I drive a GT-P. Is it wrong I'm passionate about protecting the identity of my vehicle the very same way Ford intends to by not offering stripes as an option to the XR range? If you can't appreciate that, you're an idiot!! :lol:

and dont even think about bringing GT522 into this. He was just out to discredit Ford and their product because he was verbally challenged, unable to express his concerns in order to resolve his issues. My motor hasn't used a drop of oil since it's purchase, however that's a whole different story not to be discussed within this particular thread. Not sure why you ever brought it up actually. :sofa:

Mate - I have to hand it to you. You think you've put together quite a clever little post don't you? Well despite going off on tangents, making personal attacks and genrally dribbling sh*t, you still managed to make me laugh. The way you preach I shouldn't make a general census (I think you mean consensus) that everyone agrees with me, yet in the very same sentence you do so yourself by quoting, "When we CERTAINLY do not!", is the icing on a soggy disgusting cake. Talk about an oxymoron!!

Wake up to yourself.

Chris

PS I still think stripes on an XR is RICE!!!! :P

No no

Your opinion is valid and I value it very much.. This is the whole idea of having forums, opinions are always welcomed!

But the point im trying to make is why question what other people do, you have your opinion, that's cool, your obiously never going to put GT stripes on your XR6 Turbo, and neither am I.

Neither of us are going to stop those who are wishing to put them on, or make those who have done so take them off, and that's what it comes down to.

Its not different to HSV kits on Commodores, you see one every second corner, you just have to get over it.

[ Come on fair go Australia!! What are we turning into here? :kissmy:

Not nice is it :crybaby:

No its not nice, its rice. :lol:

The main thing that annoys me is that people class cars as rice because its not a car they like, a stock excel with rims and a sports exhaust is simply that, I cant stand the f*cking things but I wouldnt class one as rice.

and GTPChris when you mentioned that the XT falcon has some performance to warrant the performance tyres, dont forget that the twin cam hyundai excel showed up one of the best NA 4cyl performance cars of the 90's in the Suzuki swift GTI, so the excel has the performance there to.

Dazza.

Guest GTPChris
  • Guests
No no

Your opinion is valid and I value it very much.. This is the whole idea of having forums, opinions are always welcomed!

But the point im trying to make is why question what other people do, you have your opinion, that's cool, your obiously never going to put GT stripes on your XR6 Turbo, and neither am I.

Neither of us are going to stop those who are wishing to put them on, or make those who have done so take them off, and that's what it comes down to.

Its not different to HSV kits on Commodores, you see one every second corner, you just have to get over it.

We do these things like this to our cars for a reason. You'd be a liar if you didn't admit investing in your ride to show it off in one way or another. Even accepting a compliment from your mother on how nice your car is, is a mild form of vanity.

I believe it's that same form of vanity that opens yourself up to public srutiny. If humans didn't express themselves open and honestly, you'd have to admit, we'd all be driving around in some fugly cars!!! :lol:

If we're not free to express our own opinions and ideas as to what is sh*t (rice) and what is hot, what do you propose we use these online forums for? To blow smoke up each others arses by saying how great we all are?

Some think I'm harsh - but that's just me. I didn't point my browser to bumchums.com for a reason ya know.

Edited by GTPChris

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 15d

Settle down the tone of this thread or it's :crybaby: time

Each to their own. Personally I wouldn't do it but I've seen some really nice XR's with the GT style striping and they look good.

bara's Blueprint Ute with white stripes and Silverbullet's HgAg XR6 atmo monster with black stripes.

Oh..And I wouldn't bother about collecting stats to post here either. No links to other forums. It's against forum rules.

Guest GTPChris
  • Guests
Fair enough, nice poll on Ford Forums BTW!!!!

We dont really need stats, that's not what the point of this thread was, but ill leave you to your digging!

No more comments from me, except all to their OWN!!

Just trying to satisfy my own curiosity. :)

No more comments from me, except all to their OWN (but I'll still give you sh*t if it's sh*t)!! LOL