GT stripes...what's the deal

sahilson

Guest GTPChris
  • Guests
Oh you forgot to include Pursuits Chris...

They must be rice to since they dont come with the Stripes as a Factory option.

Warning: anyone with a Pursuit that wears stripes, be warned, your driving a Rice Burner that's about to BLOW!

Being an FPV, I kinda like stripes on those despite them not being a factory option.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GTPChris
  • Guests
So only FPV's can have stripes. So does that mean the typhoon will be rice cause the xr6T had a turbo first.

Dazza.

What ever you think Dazza. Like you said, "each to their own".

Incidently, what does the R stand for in XR?

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 2m 12d
To everyone else:

FYI - Stats on Ford Forums indicate 82% of Ford enthusiasts think stripes on an XR look rice.

Ok, Ill setup a poll for this forum, lets see if XR owners think the same as Ford Forums guys...there may be a jealousy factor.

If GT stripes on an XR look rice then I like rice. Gosh, soon any modification will be classed as rice. :w00t2:

Guest GTPChris
  • Guests

To everyone else:

FYI - Stats on Ford Forums indicate 82% of Ford enthusiasts think stripes on an XR look rice.

Ok, Ill setup a poll for this forum, lets see if XR owners think the same as Ford Forums guys...there may be a jealousy factor.

If GT stripes on an XR look rice then I like rice. Gosh, soon any modification will be classed as rice. :w00t2:

I like rice too as you can see from my avitar.

I think the poll on FF's will give you a more acurate indication of what the general Ford community think of stripes on an XR. I'm expecting a slightly more biased poll that is hosted from within an XR6 forum. It would be interesting to see the stats though.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 23d
So only FPV's can have stripes.  So does that mean the typhoon will be rice cause the xr6T had a turbo first.

Dazza.

Sure seems that way, but they arent factory.... :w00t2:

I thought most of the Turbos an XR8s go thru FPV as well?

I think ill go down to Ford this arvo and get some FPV badging and make my car an FPV, then I might be allowed to stripe it :lol:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 26d

I wonder if an XY 351 Fairmont with a shaker fitted and GT stripes is rice or an XC GS coupe with Cobra stripes?Some of these lookalikes are pulling big money because the real thing has gotten so far out of reach.Putting GT stripes on non GT's,flare kits on non A9X's etc has been going on since Adam wore short pants.Maybe not totally relevant but I admire a good copy almost as much as the real thing.

If I owned a GT I wouldn't be offended by XR's with stripes as long as they had the performance to back it up.For the GT owners; no an XR with stripes imo isn't a shadow of a GT,straight line speed isn't everything.

Perhaps Ford should have offered the stripes as an option on all XR/GT models with model name in the stripe.I was offered an orange stripe kit by the dealer for my L/Strike XR6T and declined but have seen a couple since and loved the look.

I guess we can all be thankful that the GT doesn't come with a god-aweful plastic mish-mash body kit like those HSV things. :w00t2: Theres something not to copy!

• Member For: 21y 10d

I own a BA XR8, would not think of adding stripes, but then again I really believe in trying to keep a car as original as I can as it is worth more in the future.

Just my 2 cents