• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 7d
Will you have to add a 7th injector? or is sumble running the 968's?

Dazza.

Rumble has the 968's. Jeff made sure the car had all the good bits. Thanks buddy. :spoton:

Well done Craig sound's like Amberleys really know there stuff

I reckon 320+ rwklw is on the cards,all the best mate keep's us posted

It's got me stuffed how your going to get traction on friday night all the best,give me a call when your leaving the track let me know how you go

Jeff I'll phone you as soon as I get a time and tell you whats happening. I have 2 plans for traction. I'm using the factory 17's I have at home.

Plan A = Heat tyres load up to 2000rpm and let him go. :w00t2:

If Plan A fails I have Plan B. :gooff:

Plan B = Heat tyres put car in 265rwkw map load to 2100rpm launch and after hitting 2nd flicking the switch into the performance map. :o

Wish me luck. :gooff:

Geea. :ermm:

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
Will you have to add a 7th injector?  or is sumble running the 968's?

Dazza.

Rumble has the 968's. Jeff made sure the car had all the good bits. Thanks buddy. :spoton:

Well done Craig sound's like Amberleys really know there stuff

I reckon 320+ rwklw is on the cards,all the best mate keep's us posted

It's got me stuffed how your going to get traction on friday night all the best,give me a call when your leaving the track let me know how you go

Jeff I'll phone you as soon as I get a time and tell you whats happening. I have 2 plans for traction. I'm using the factory 17's I have at home.

Plan A = Heat tyres load up to 2000rpm and let him go. :ermm:

If Plan A fails I have Plan B. :o

Plan B = Heat tyres put car in 265rwkw map load to 2100rpm launch and after hitting 2nd flicking the switch into the performance map. :msm:

Wish me luck. :ermm:

Geea. :ermm:

craig

why dont you get a set of slicks get a 4000 high stall a 50 shot of nos and go and run a low to mid 11

then we are talking :o

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
craig

why dont you get a set of slicks get a 4000 high stall a 50 shot of nos and go and run a low to mid 11

then we are talking :spoton:

Hey Adam, at some stage I mught try a few runs on slicks. I'd like to get my best street time first though. :w00t2:

I've never used NOS. I'm not planning on using it as I couldn't aford the rebuild if something breaks. :pooh:

Geea. :pooh:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members

Rumble is home. He's not quite finished but he sure does go.

I got the call from Rob @ Amberleys at 530pm. He told me that they had found the problem. It was the inline pump. I spoke to Jeff and Spiro also thought this might have been a problem. They replaced it with a 600hp pump.

They have retuned the car nad got it up to 333rwkw and have turned it back to 328.7rwkw, a bit of a safety margin. This tune is with the Nulon octane booster.

After road testing they said that the car hits the cutout before it changes. Rob reccommended having the line preasures increased a touch to fix this.

The switch hasn't been installed yet it will be installed and the car will have a final retune in both maps next Wednesday. I might get the performance map tuned to optimax instead of the octane booster. I will lose a few rwkw's but I will be able to use it when ever I want. Not sure yet.

Geea. :spoton:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
Nice numbers mate, :spoton:

What boost are you running?

macka

Not sure to be honest Macka. It was a bit rushed when I picked him up and I only got one dyno graph whith the rwkw's and N (torque) on the other side. When it was at 304.8rwkw it had 17.5psi going down to 16psi. the boost gauge didnt seem to be reading any more than this when I was driving home.

Geea. :w00t2:

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d

Top stuff Mate :spoton:

How does it feel compared with the 305rwklw you had last week I take it traction would be a problem

I think the 4 inch exhaust has certainly helped,hope you can get it all the pwr down at the drags tomorrow otherwise slicks will be your next mod

Good Luck JEFF :w00t2:

• Member For: 20y 3m 23d

Craig,

Is your car still struggling for fuel? eg injectors large enough? What's your Air charge temp?

Not picking any faults just need info, so that I can understand what I need to put into place, to pass this level. Cause I know that you have stronger rods.

I'm eventually looking at running 25 psi.

I think that I'll be also using a surge tank if fuel supply is a problem? You mentioned that you were thinking of putting one in. Did you?

"Enough of the questions macka" :spoton::w00t2: Hope you've got plenty of answers for the Albuty Cruise mate.

macka