RUMBLE

geea

• Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds
  • Member For: 20y 1m 6d

Gday Craig

It was good meeting you at Calder and yet again great work with 11.9.

Sorry I didnt have much time to talk but just to see your car was amazing.

Love the lights on the window buttons! looks great mate...

Rob

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 23d
I do believe however that Craig would have the fastest privately owned daily street driven T around. :msm:

Your statement is certainly very vague. There are many faster T's out there with more rwkw that may be owned by tuners or privately and simply havent run a quarter quick enough for one reason or another. These two points don't discount their abilities. Also, there is a reason why faster cars dont run road tyres when drag racing and its because you can't get traction with them.

Steve, I don't see how it's vague. I would be interested to hear of the faster T's around, and I do not mean in rwkw. This is my exact point Craig has been the fastest down the qtr in true street trim. From a Vic perspective Mark (100%) was the only one to go quicker but he was on slicks. When he did put on street tyres he could barley crack into 12's. (I know as I was there).

I am not discounting anyone's ability, the main point is the qtr is meant to be a true representation of how quick your car is. If you cannot get it down the qtr then you combine the car and the driver and that's how quick you are. You can be running 400rwkw and the car has a capability of low 11s but if you cannot get it down the track in that, then the best time you can get is the true representation of you and your cars ability.

The same senerio exists for myself. My car has high 12 abitily, but I cannot get it down there in anything less that 13.4. Which means my cars true ability is 13.4 not 12.9 as the likes of mark and peter from aps say it can do.

My point of my previous post means that you can replicate your time on the track directly on the road (True Street trim) not I can do 12's with slicks, the back seat out, fuel light on an 10psi in the rear tires.

Whether you can get traction or not means the car will do only what the driver can get it to do, at the end of the day it does not come down to pure power but a combination of both driver and car. Hence my acknowlegement to Craig as the car was driven there and back in the same form it was raced with no adjustments whatsoever.

Hope you understand my point. :spoton:

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 25d
Congratulations Craig, First forum car into the 11's.  Awesome...  :spoton:

Dazza.

sorry turbo6 but that not correct. have we forgotten 100% already he ran a 11.91 plus the likes of aps and dynosteve....but he may be the first to do it on factory tyres which is a great achievement

I didnt know of any car on the forum that has run an 11. Plus APS arent included because they have near unlimited resources to throw at it, Craigs a pioneer who doesnt own a car business or tuning shop. Congrtats again Geea, I will be getting a unichip very soon and will have it in by the time your up in QLD.

Dazza.

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d

"It was 11.73 @ 125mph on road tyres (although not the stock ones)".

If memory serves I believe they were Nitto Tyres?

Are'nt Nitto tyres a street slick :spoton:

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 7d

Thanks guys. Its funny 5 pages in this thread and only one person has added negative comments.

Steve, before you start putting other peoples achievements down why don't you try it for yourself. Feel the adrenaline rush you get when you launch and the buzz you get when you pick up the time slip witha new PB.

I may or maynot be the fastest on street tyres, it doesn't really matter. I have a quick car and I know what it's capable of.

The Nizpro car ran on the Nitto's I believe, technically they are a street tyre but in reality they are a grooved drag slick. But I'm not fussed I'm happy to be number 2 behind a factory car. Heres a post from Peter earlier in the year, I notice that whenever an APS car was running quick you weren't downgrading their performance or the like.

May 5 2004, 09:16 AM  Peter from APS

We really need to compare apples with apples, Big micks sedan ran a 12.56 @ 113 mph, I believe that was an excellent time, good cold air and track conditions.

I believe that a phase III auto sedan with reasonable rear end grip would run a high 11 second pass at 120 mph, so the phase III car is a lot quicker than a phase II car, given the same air and track conditions.

It is much harder to put the traction on the ground with a ute, in addition the ute is heavier than the sedan. That said I have no doubt that a phase III ute could run a low 12 sec pass.

I have had many a run in my phase III manual sedan :lol: and to date I have not be passed by any car, including a R34 GTR. I trust this answers your questions in sufficient detail.:msm:

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter, what is the fastest official time for a PhaseIII on street tyres? As far as I know Big Micks time would be the fastest APS car on street tyres wouldn't it? As you pointed out Mark's (100%) best on street tyres is low 13's and his car is a ute. Have any of the PhaseIII sedans got offical times on street tyres?

Geea. :spoton:

Geea, Now that I think more about this we ran a auto phase III seden on street tyres at Calder late last year and the car ran a 12.19 @ 119 mph.

The auto was not in good shape so I believe a faster time was possible, though that was the best time and mph for that meeting. Sorry big Mick. :lol:

Peter

APS

Geea. :msm:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 23d
Steve, before you start putting other peoples achievements down why don't you try it for yourself. Feel the adrenaline rush you get when you launch and the buzz you get when you pick up the time slip witha new PB.

I may or maynot be the fastest on street tyres, it doesn't really matter. I have a quick car and I know what it's capable of.

Craig,

I didn't put your achievement down at all. I was commenting on the realism of JB's comment when compared to all the Ts that are out there. My dealer has done over 8 phase III units alone, a few of which have internals so can go way beyond 330rwkw. Im sure nizpro dealers have similar figures for their systems. Who knows what they have done if at all in terms of drags. Secondly, I don't think its reasonable to discount the efforts of the tuners themselves, they do sell what they manufacturer after all.

It's best not to jump to conclusions about people's posts as it quickly turns threads sour

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 2d
Steve, before you start putting other peoples achievements down why don't you try it for yourself.

Craig,

I didn't put your achievement down at all. I was commenting on the realism of JB's comment

I don't think he said that you did Steve.

Scotty

• In Your Face
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d
Steve, before you start putting other peoples achievements down why don't you try it for yourself.

Craig,

I didn't put your achievement down at all. I was commenting on the realism of JB's comment

I don't think he said that you did Steve.

Scotty

I always notice that is the case :o

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 25d
There are many faster T's out there with more rwkw that may be owned by tuners or privately and simply havent run a quarter quick enough for one reason or another.

Well untill they do run the 1/4 mile, they arent quicker.. They need to be able to prove they are. :spoton: Well done again Craig. And I still honestly believe you have the quickest T on the forum.

Dazza.