SA chitchat

Mr X

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m
Oh, and one other question while I'm at it :)

Any recommended places for insurance?  It's the new 'second car' we picked up.  An EB II S XR6.  Just found out that CGU wants to charge us a fortune now because we recetnly had a claim and because of a few traffic offences within the last 2 years.

Cheers.

RAA RAA RAA RAA RAA..............70 bucks 3rd party fire and theft for EB wagon.612 bucks XR8 ute(business use-higher premium),524 bucks for turbo..............2 or more policies =10% discount.RAA will be more leniant with traffic offences :spoton:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 4m 18d
Hows the"little"XR going?

Yeah, pretty good. It's got a good bit of grunt and a nice note. Sick stereo too :-D No dramas yet which is great. Maybe I'll cruise up sometime soon and show ya the little beast.

And cheers for the info re: RAA. I did try them but they seem pricier for cars that aren't turbo. And when I first got a quote, they didn't want to insure me either cause the accessories value was over their ratio to the value of the car. Maybe I'll value the stereo system down and see if that passes. RAA put me through to their sister company who deal in things RAA don't want to :) Maybe why the price seemed higher than usual.

And we did get a good deal on the EB xr6. Market value is between $5000 for a sh*tbox and $8000 odd for a shmick condition one. Stoked!

• Member For: 19y 4m 18d

Cheers for the replies. I finally got insurance and RAA it is :) I just upped the price of the car and dropped the price of the stereo. That seemed to keep them happy. Might have to move my contents insurance or something else to RAA; then I'll get the 10% discount on everything. $555 atm so not as cheap as yours Terry but this is probably due to us writing off our last car recently, traffic offences and maybe age.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 2d

Hmm

I might have to change over as well, currently with Wesfarmers and paying around $800pa with all my factory options, mods they dont wanna know about it. I heard RAA are good with mods too, from speaking with shifty.... :msm:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m
Cheers for the replies.  I finally got insurance and RAA it is :)  I just upped the price of the car and dropped the price of the stereo.  That seemed to keep them happy.  Might have to move my contents insurance or something else to RAA; then I'll get the 10% discount on everything.  $555 atm so not as cheap as yours Terry but this is probably due to us writing off our last car recently, traffic offences and maybe age.

Good stuff Ritchie.Yeah we'd love to see the EB,you and teeg are lucky to have the original version which is fast becoming a collectors item-prices can only go UP :msm: Have you taken it for a good run on the windey roads yet ?Has it got a camber kit?bad xr6 or ED-XR6 would have some good camber/ castor settings for road use that wouldn't shred the tyres.A real drivers car and a great little chassis for a Sunday spin- half your luck!