SA chitchat

Mr X

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 14d
hello all, strange thing happened this morning when I filled up with fuel, turned key to drive to work look at fuel gauge and still on empty. Called ford said it would be a 5 hour fix. On the way home the gauge slowly and eventually read full?????

Any answers  and should it be a 5 hour fix?

My car did this once. But it was only the one time, so I never worried about it. I would only worry about it if it did it repeatedly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
Hey all, just thought I would say hi and give a little intro. 

My name is Lee, im 24, and currently drive an EF Fairmont.  My father owns an '04 XR6T, Auto, Lightning Silver, 18 factory alloys, Premium Brakes, Premium Sound, Tints, XR Mats, XR Scuff Plates, XR Headlight Covers. 

I have driven the car on numerous occasions as well as taking it to melbourne for a week.  Must say I love driving the car, and when it comes out lease and Dad owns it, I will be buying it off him.  Currently the car is stock, but I'm always pushing for him to upgrade so I get the car with upgrades ;)

Currently I'm very intersted in this Edit software that is being developed, especially the fact that factory maps can be restored, especially for long trips etc.

Anyways, intend to keep an eye on these forums and any updates that occur for the cars.  If there is meets here in SA and dad doesnt mind me havin the car for the night, I might make it out depending on work committments etc.

so to sum up  :w00t2:  :w00t2:

Welcome to the site Quick-Silver. Look forward to meeting you at our next get-together hopefully.

Is the EF modified?

Guest Quick-Silver
  • Guests

Thanks for the welcome guys,

BlueXR6 Turbo: The EF is slightly modified, just intake, cat back exhaust, king lows and 17's. Been a good daily, I've had it for 4 years now.

Maxx Power: Yeah they are a top car, and I love the lightning Strike colour. What happend to your car, How come its at the repairers?

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
Maxx Power:  Yeah they are a top car, and I love the lightning Strike colour.  What happend to your car, How come its at the repairers?

His car attracts other cars. :whistle:

• Want E46 M3
  • Member For: 21y 9m 22d

If you read back through this thread you will see what happened, I am sure I had photos of the damage somewhere back a few pages. Basically the first time it was hit by a drunk driver (who did a runner) while it was parked. After that was all sorted and repaired it was then hit a second time by a lady while it was once more parked outside my house.

Not nice.

• Member For: 19y 11m 9d

I told ford it was a ute that's when they said 5 hour fix it was a 4 hour fix for the sedan. Anyway the gauge seems to be working now but I might get it looked at in the new year (would be embarssing to run out of fuel in a new car :spoton: )