• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• voy74656
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d

Hi All

I'm going 2 b in Normanville on the monday already at a LAN party so I'll meet u guys down victor way somewhere. Has the route been finalised yet so I can meet up somewhere mid trip???

Cain

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d

Hiya guys,

I was wondering if there was any opportunity to do a SA/VIC combined cruise somewhere in the middle between Adelaide and Melbourne (like how there was the Snowy Cruise in-between Melbourne and Sydney)?

I was thinking:

Day 1: VIC guys would cruise out towards you along the Hamilton Hwy and meet up with you in Beachport. SA guys would cruise out to Beachport using Dukes Highway. We'd spend a night at Beachport after the day's driving. (600km)

Day 2: Then maybe do a loop Beachport, Mt Gambier (see Blue Lake), Penola (stop off at some wineries to have a look), Naracoorte (to see some caves) then back to Beachport again. (400km)

Day 3: Then the VIC guys could head home over the Great Ocean Rd. SA guys could head home over the Princes Hwy. (600km)

It'll probably mean taking a day off work, either a Friday or a Monday depending on what suits those who are keen to go. I personally would prefer to avoid a long week-end public holiday because that usually means lots of traffic on the roads, hence, the suggestion to take a regular weekend and make it a long week-end by taking a Friday or a Monday off.

Possibly sometime in May?

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d

It's Friday night, and the weather is absolutely "bee-ute-I-ful"

Clear still night, temp in high 20s...

Clipsal crowd is in the city....

Think I'll drop my top and shake the cobwebs out of the vet tonight.

cheers

tubby

• 4 weeks later...
  • Itty Bitty Kitty Kar
  • Member For: 21y 9d

Hi to all you South Aussie friends!

Aaron and I will be returning to beautiful Adelaide in mid May, although we won't have the Brucemeister with us, an opportunity to meet up again would be terrific.

This time you can finally meet Aaron - the Kitty Wrangler!

We are coming to Adelaide because we thought it best that Aaron meet my Father BEFORE the wedding Lol!

How do people feel about a Wednesday or Thursday night?

The Friday night we are staying in the Barossa Valley, Sat night is meeting my Dad and Sunday is with the rest of the family, and we come home Monday.

This trip will be short and sweet :)

Hope to see you all again, I really enjoyed last time I met you all and I would love Aaron to see what a friendly bunch the South Ozzies are :)

Cheers,

Miss K ^..^

• 1 month later...