SA chitchat

Mr X

... but I gotta pay for the pads for the simple reason that its 'user abuse' that cause it.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a Ford dealer said that to me about brakes, I'd take it somewhere else and get a decent set of brakes put on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've destroyed 2 sets of rotors in 6 months and am on the 3rd set now...

Paul didnt say it in a negative way - he just wanted me to know they cant keep replacing the disks/pads under warranty cause it'll eventually be declined under warranty - which is fair enuf imo. He showed me the pads and disks he took off and they were totally screwed - covered in hot spots and the pads were non existent. If I was a mechanic I'd feel compelled to say "hey man - be fair - these havnt been treated right". But theyve been awesom! Replaced the rotors...cost me $200 for the pads - made it clear that if I drive precious as hard as I have been they're gunna find it hard to cover them.

I dont wanna argue with that cause theyre being fair - they could have taken a look at the first set and gone..."ummmm...I dont think so"..but they gave me the benefit of the doubt and replaced em - it happens again - they wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt question it.

Tassie is what destroys the brakes - Adelaide just softens em up :spoton: . I need to upgrade the brakes. IF ONLY ID LISTENED TO VIK oh god I'm gunna hear about it now *prepares for flood of posts*

Also got to have a gander at a T ute they had in there - lowered on her @ss with custom exhaust - fery fery noice! Went into the pit and had a look underneath at the work the exhaust place did - very nicely done

So that's it for me - precious is all happy now and her brakes are back to 'normal'. Might have 2 have a gander to Lee when these brakes fry themselves about some brembos

C u all soon!

Cain

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well didn't I tell ya so,that I'd be tellinya so,cos I told ya so

what does he go and get,premium lube,no hang on I mean sound,just had a mental flash of kent,after smoking up the vovo :laughing::spoton::blush:

And I'm gunna keep tellin ya so

vik...cos I told you so :blush::blush::k24t:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well to all the SA folks I know have a good one

We are all home tonight sh!tting through eyes of needles and herking...

what a way to end the year :spit::spit::sick:

which means it can only be a better start to the new year

to everybody that reads this

vik...hope it's a good new year for you all :stirthepot::spit::spit::nono:

• Member For: 18y 9m 28d

Hey guys, how are you all? I have been a member of this site for a little while but could never find anything like this thread, I didnt think there was much of an "xr6t scene" in adelaide. thought all the action was in the eastern states... anywho, my name is Daniel, im 20, I have a blueprint xr6t, I've seen a few of you guys around, but never gotten close enough to talk... anybody seen me? heres a few pics of my car...

P1010249.jpg

P1010224.jpg

ghihnjgds.jpg

yeah yeah...