SA chitchat

Mr X

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its the metal on metal grinding noise + steering wheel shuddering feeling that's making me cringe that all of a sudden starded when coming home from the farm :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMFG...well look at it this way...

vik...youll save money on pads :msm::nono::nono:

• voy74656
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d

:wub: Vik...nice! Took her in 2day and went and did some shopping with mum and popped back in b4 we went home. They had the wheels and rotors off....rotors were covered in hot spots...pads were worn down to nothing....looks kinda kewl but not good all the same. :wub:

Theyre replacing the rotors under warranty but I gotta pay for the pads for the simple reason that its 'user abuse' that cause it.....which I totally agree with (Tassie MKI and MK II may have contributed to this :wub: ) :nod:

Pick her up 2morrow morning bright n early - will give her a test out :nod:

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d
... but I gotta pay for the pads for the simple reason that its 'user abuse' that cause it.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive. :wub:

:wub:

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 15d
... but I gotta pay for the pads for the simple reason that its 'user abuse' that cause it.....

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive. :fool:

:msm:

If a Ford dealer said that to me about brakes, I'd take it somewhere else and get a decent set of brakes put on.

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive. :msm:

:fool:

Not to mention sore as well, if you don't use lubricant. :msm:

:fool::msm:

tom

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 21y 2m 25d

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive. :wub:

:k24t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention sore as well, if you don't use lubricant. :gooff:

:wub::spoton:

tom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sometimes smoke after sex ... but, only if I don't use a lubricant ... :fool:

• voy74656

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive. :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a Ford dealer said that to me about brakes, I'd take it somewhere else and get a decent set of brakes put on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've destroyed 2 sets of rotors in 6 months and am on the 3rd set now...

Paul didnt say it in a negative way - he just wanted me to know they cant keep replacing the disks/pads under warranty cause it'll eventually be declined under warranty - which is fair enuf imo. He showed me the pads and disks he took off and they were totally screwed - covered in hot spots and the pads were non existent. If I was a mechanic I'd feel compelled to say "hey man - be fair - these havnt been treated right". But theyve been awesom! Replaced the rotors...cost me $200 for the pads - made it clear that if I drive precious as hard as I have been they're gunna find it hard to cover them.

I dont wanna argue with that cause theyre being fair - they could have taken a look at the first set and gone..."ummmm...I dont think so"..but they gave me the benefit of the doubt and replaced em - it happens again - they wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt question it.

Tassie is what destroys the brakes - Adelaide just softens em up :fool: . I need to upgrade the brakes. IF ONLY ID LISTENED TO VIK :kissmy: oh god I'm gunna hear about it now *prepares for flood of posts*

Also got to have a gander at a T ute they had in there - lowered on her @ss with custom exhaust - fery fery noice! Went into the pit and had a look underneath at the work the exhaust place did - very nicely done :k24t:

So that's it for me - precious is all happy now and her brakes are back to 'normal'. Might have 2 have a gander to Lee when these brakes fry themselves about some brembos :spoton:

C u all soon!

Cain

• voy74656

Geez, I hope I never have to have any warranty work done on the "old fella" ... this 'user abuse' thing sounds expensive. :kissmy:

:spit:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to mention sore as well, if you don't use lubricant. :fool:

:kissmy::spoton:

tom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I sometimes smoke after sex ... but, only if I don't use a lubricant ... :k24t:

:wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just feel sorry for SWMBO with u smoking inside and all...its not a good habbit....stinks up the house and leaves ash stains evertwhere :k24t: