SA chitchat

Mr X

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m

Some lovely cars from both sides of the fence.Some nice dyno numbers in a well presented and well organised event.Shifty did the Ford camp proud even if not officially entered :spoton: (damn no trophy!)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 10m 10d

had my car in for the 12 month service yesterday, all ok and ford checked for software updates and reflased the ecu didnt even notice that the car had an edit (I flashed the stock tune in before I let them at the car) also they didnt even pick up that there were different injectors in, or that the cat had been high flowed, all up $230 for what is basically an oil change

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d
had my car in for the 12 month service yesterday, all ok and ford checked for software updates and reflased the ecu didnt even notice that the car had an edit (I flashed the stock tune in before I let them at the car) also they didnt even pick up that there were different injectors in, or that the cat had been high flowed, all up $230 for what is basically an oil change

Didn't it run rough with the stock BA map and larger injectors?

I would have thought it would splutter a bit from being too rich?

tom

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 2d

Didn't it run rough with the stock BA map and larger injectors?

I would have thought it would splutter a bit from being too rich?

tom

:wavey: That's what I thought, idling would be as far as it would go :fool:

Peter

• Member For: 19y 10m 10d

I thought they would at least notice something on the road test but all ok,

while I was at ford I also priced a new MKII XR6T sedan with premo sound I nearly fell off my chair $51,000 on road, I thought with the new model out they would want to get rid of MKII stock, the price for a BF was $56,000+on roads makes me realise the ute at $35,000 was the bargain of the year

• Member For: 19y 4m 18d

Oh, and one other question while I'm at it :)

Any recommended places for insurance? It's the new 'second car' we picked up. An EB II S XR6. Just found out that CGU wants to charge us a fortune now because we recetnly had a claim and because of a few traffic offences within the last 2 years.

Cheers.