My T is Gooooonnee

Guest cul08r

• The Thief of BadGags
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 21d

Gees Andrew, I think it's the nature of second hand cars losing their value too easily. Apart from that, "Fruit Bowls" are a bit "in your face" :lol:

It's a pity you had to sell it but I hope we still see you on future cruises.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 4d
Well I am about to accept an offer for my car as listed below for $32,850, after a hard fought negotiation.

Damnit! If you were selling parts off it to bring it back to stock, I'd happily swap 4x factory 18's + some cash for those 19's and suspension!

I love the car, Andrew, but mine's been too good to me over the past 12 months so I just can't part with it (even though it's not a T).

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 18d

I could easily part with mine, for that price, it's very, VERY tempting.

:kissmy::k24t::spoton:

Think that pretty well sums it up.

It's NICCCCEEEE!!! I want it.

• Member For: 20y 11m 2d

Could the low price be something to do with it being a turbo and the potential for it being thrashed??? This may be in the mind of potential second hand buyers.

It is a performance car after all and isn't that why we buy these type of cars? Not that I am saying all our cars are not well maintained but I think it is part of owning a performance car! It may be hard to sell once you need to replace it.

Just my 2 cents

Guest cul08r
  • Guests

Hey Guys,

Well isn't the speculation rife here tonight...

Firstly Cypher, if anyone had the thought that a turbo would not hold their resale value due to it potentially being thrashed, I would say WAKE UP AND PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$. ANY car can be thrashed. Look at a WRX, or any other turbo or supercharged or V8 car. People don't have a problem paying decent money for most of them, even if they assume that they have been flogged. Don't take this personally mate, cos it's not a slag at you by any means, but if you think that a second hand XR6 Turbo has not been driven how you would drive it (hard ocasionally, lets all admit) then you are kidding yourself.

Anyway, all the BA Fords are having problems, not just turbos. Hell, all cars are cheap at the moment, even new ones.

XR8s second hand private sales for $36k, Fairmonts for $27k, XR6 NAs for $26k, the market is a joke at the moment. I can get a VY SS with good history and about 30K at the moment for $28k. This car was $50k on road 18 months ago...

My new car might have stars, it might be a Nissan (GTR anyone?), and it might be a station wagon too. AWD though at this stage.

CITRIC, you have until midday tomorrow to come and swap the wheels. Do you think the new owner would notice? Actually, if you are serious, PM me and I will put you in contact with the guy, cos he actually wanted 18s...

Andrew

Guest cul08r
  • Guests

I am delivering the car today. :nfi:

It will be a last drive down the F3. It's going to the Sutherland area.

Actually, I might take it down the Old Pacific Highway... :nfi:

Andrew

• Member For: 20y 2m 19d

On the note of resale : I was just looking over the used cars section in a couple of newspapers here in QLD, and tomy suprise, even if the market is sh*t, The Ford resale price is holding up there quite well actually. BUT hey we all know cars aren't an investment in money, but an investment in comfort and passion.