Calling all XR6 NA owners!

Julza

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 15d

Decisions, decisions. Nooo :pinch:

True, we have had the NA since new and know the car. Yes it's still a damn nice car. Yes it's up there with the stock T on launch. Yes it probably has less steam then Simon's "Silverbullet" NA, but it's still close. It would run 14.9 to 15 on the 1/4 mile providing it got a perfect launch but that's only on paper, not in practice. Been giving it hell lately so it might get a better Dyno run as it's been a while. It's booked into RDP for a tune and a checkup so who knows. Can you install a blower in 3 hours Steve? Haha, he'd kill me. :spoton:

Then there is the T option. I might get a pearler or a lemon, there's that danger of buying someone's ex problem. I'd be happy with the performance of the T, maybe just add a chip to it and remove the centre muffler, nothing major.

ms700, don't tempt me, you know I want it, and yes the sound of a Vortech is, how did you put it? "Like sexual chocolate"? Damn.

Current scenario.

NA Thunder gets T and Divorce.

or

NA Thunder stays married and stays put with NA (optional Vortech).

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 19d
and yes the sound of a Vortech is, how did you put it? "Like sexual chocolate"? Damn.

Current scenario.

NA Thunder stays married and stays put with NA (optional Vortech).

I rest my case. :lol:

Also, I have bought myself a "NA Thunder decision maker", it is a new camera with video/audio, so when the XC is on the dyno the week after next, I can record it, and forward you the appropriate file, to make certain your final decision will involve the word "Vortech".

"pure sexual chocolate"

• Lifetime Members

How about I just send it down to you ms700? Want a project car? Or was the XC enough, c'mon, you know you want to.

• Member For: 21y 29d

Wanye,

Just a thought I have had for my N/A. Change diff ratio to 3.73...approx $1000...it would fry the tires from stand still (no need to stall up), give you a hell of a lot more pick up in 1st,2nd&3rd....lose alittle top end speed and fuel economy, could be a bit of a handfull in the wet though...need T/C....depends how you drive it I suppose. I'm not sure if the speedo can be re-calibrated to suit change in ratio though. My N/A was only hitting about 4750rpm in 3rd at the end of the 1/4 with my current diff.

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by Silverbullet

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 7m 19d
How about I just send it down to you ms700? Want a project car? Or was the XC enough, c'mon, you know you want to.

How about you organise a car carrier pronto! I know I want to! Just dont expect it to be finished by Christmas..... :lol:

The XC is definately not enough, after I finished with ms702 (XC), ms701 (XB) may be swallowing a full BA 240kw/270kw motor....

sorry to hijack the thread peoples

Stick with the N/A Thunder.

Look into a small shot of NOS, you get the power on tap when you realy need it and you can run around all day without blowing all your cash in fuel.

If you do sell it, I know somone who might buy that RDP computer.

Stay N/A mate :gooff:

• Lifetime Members

Only one prob with NOS.

"Excuse me sonny, can you lift the bonnet please, hmm, what's this I see"? "You're nicked me laddy"!

C'mon, NA drivers, there are more in the woodwork, I'm sure. Let yourself been known, convince the NA Thunder to remain in my possession.