Calling all XR6 NA owners!

Julza

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 15d

I hear ya NOS XR, I only want to pay half the amount. The kit is way over priced for simple folk like myself.

Yes it is a Vortech V1 S-Trim supercharger.

GIMLI is punchy enough for me at the moment. I'd like more but haha, I'd only get myself into trouble. It would be fun doing so. :w00t2:

Oh well 2nd CAI's installed, I have pics in "Mods 'n Workshop".

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 15d

Same as Silverbullet. Package for the XR6 NA was developed by RDP (Redcliffe Dyno and Performance). Mine was the prototype and since then, a few NA's have had the kit installed. They also do kits for the entire BA range as well as any make, model, etc you want work done to. All up, it's around $2800. Coming from a stocko NA, you don't know the car driving it for the 1st time modified. It's great, not a T but close.

• Member For: 21y 29d
Same as Silverbullet.  Package for the XR6 NA was developed by RDP (Redcliffe Dyno and Performance).  Mine was the prototype and since then, a few NA's have had the kit installed.  They also do kits for the entire BA range as well as any make, model, etc you want work done to.  All up, it's around $2800.  Coming from a stocko NA, you don't know the car driving it for the 1st time modified.  It's great, not a T but close.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that!!!!

Wayne, has your beast started to respond to the extra air from the 2nd CAI yet?? It may take alittle while but worth it in the end.

Cheers,

Simon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 9m 14d
Same as Silverbullet.  Package for the XR6 NA was developed by RDP (Redcliffe Dyno and Performance).  All up, it's around $2800. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

XR6 N/A ute owner here , also thinking about selling and buying a T .

$2800 seems pretty expensive for an exhaust and a computer ,. but I guess

Jim Mocks' Dev3 is about the same .

Who does RDP's computer ? . I noticed with Jim Mocks setup , the computer only

added about 8rwKW , and cost $1000 , but I guess it must improve "driving pleasure" , which you can't measure !.

Cheers

• Member For: 21y 29d
Same as Silverbullet.  Package for the XR6 NA was developed by RDP (Redcliffe Dyno and Performance).   All up, it's around $2800. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

$2800 seems pretty expensive for an exhaust and a computer ,. but I guess

Jim Mocks' Dev3 is about the same .

Who does RDP's computer ? .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah JMM is about the same dough....with much the same result.

The RDP computer, I think, was formally known as the TSI Piggyback in the past. RDP exhaust comprises of a 2.5 inch exhaust, Pacemaker extractors, your choice of a resinator (depending how loud you want it) and a Hi-flow Cat. You also get a hi-flow filter for your airbox.

I'm no expert but I think the you need the piggyback computer to tie in all the above mods for optimum performance. The piggyback chip allows adjustment of injector flow, air mixtures, timing advancement if so required etc.

The RDP package has improved my XR's drivability 10 fold.

The enhancements have also increased my rwkw quite significantly for a N/A, but where I can see the most improvement is in the torque....my N/A just seems to keep pulling hard through every gear. I am running in the 14's down the quarter at the moment which is not too shabby for an auto BAXR6 N/A with just bolt on mods considering the weight of these machines.

If I had a choice :spoton: , forced induction would be the only way to go...lol. :pinch:

Cheers,

Simon.

• Member For: 19y 9m 14d
The RDP package has improved my XR's drivability 10 fold. 

The enhancements have also increased my rwkw quite significantly for a N/A,  but where I can see the most improvement is in the torque....my N/A just seems to keep pulling hard through every gear.  I am running in the 14's down the quarter at the moment which is not too shabby for an auto BAXR6 N/A with just bolt on mods considering the weight of these machines.

Cheers,

Simon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey , thanks for the info .

Damn , I'd love to take a drive in something simialr to yours , if only to see the potential and to justify to myself spending the money.

I may try a cheap version with Pacemakers and a Redback exhaust . Has anyone done any testing of the stock Cat to see if it really needs replacing or just resizing of the inlet/outlet piping ?..... just trying to save a buck where possible !

With the dual VCT , I can see great possibilities for modified cams in the near future, keeping it tame at low revs and wild up top . that's when your exhaust will really pay off ..... but then there is also the "T" going pretty cheep 2nd hand .

Cheers

Brendan