Julza

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hows N/A life doing for you Thunder?

Got followed half way to work at 7:20am today by 2 cops trying to scare me, I was wearing a jumper over my work cloths so they couldn't see who I am. :blush:

Talked to them at a call out around lunch time and the bastards first tried to say it wasn't them, but they changed their story after a minute. Young copers with red faces. :wacko:

Can't judge a book they learn't not to judge a car by its looks.

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 2d
Get a Turbo, ya pounces

Not Scotty

:whistle:

:w00t2:

:spoton: Buy me one then Sally!!!

:lol:

Sure, where do you want it?

Scotty

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 25d
Insurance on the NA is almost identical to what the T is. There's like $80 in it through AAMI

For which age bracket though? Most companys won't touch a policy for a T for someone under 25.

Trent.

• Member For: 20y 2m 16d

I heard the other day from an Insurance Broker, who told me the XR8 is now a 30 year old plus car, and the turbo is right behind. I tried to get insurance for a T but they knocked me back so I had to get N/A, no regrets though because I plan on supercharging her. Expensive Daewoo so don't have anything on FORD we can do anything,

do I hear a 1 2 3, sandown 1 2 3, all together now 1 2 3 :rokon:

• I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 15d

I'm looking at the possibility of leaving Team NA and joining the dark side as I've had enough, I want more power and I can't achieve it without dramatically shortening the life span of GIMLI and I'm not willing to do that as I want to have the car long term (whatever I choose to have, T or N/A). It still is a damn fine car. Supercharging is an option, so is throwing a turbo but in reality, the Barra 182 would need a lot of work to do the job properly with a turbo. All will depend on Steve's verdict to see if there was no stress and pre mature wear causd by the VCT incident. Ford say everything is AOK, no wear, no stress, nothing but hmmm, from previous experience, I'll take it to someone I trust to make that verdict.

Our NA may very well beat a "Stock" T off the mark and 1st & 2nd gears are absolute ball tearers reaching 130 to 145 kmh at 5700rpm/2nd gear, but 3rd? :blush: Nothing, end of story. Forced induction will fly right by every time.

CAPA Supercharger kit? it's a lot of money for :pooh: kickers like me. Almost $6000 for the kit alone. Then you have to get someone to install it which GOLDIE and Steve have offered great deals. Now from the same price to an extra couple of grand, I could be in a 2nd hand turbo thanks to the release of the MK-II

Scotty, just leave a nice XR6T in our driveway, and take GIMLI away....lol. :lol: