APS Stage III car fited with T56 6 speed

IM2QIK

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 13d

I hope whatever the series 2 gets is better than we got now, couldnt give a stuff if its a getrag or a t56.

Where has im2qik gone?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• vrooom psshhht
  • Member For: 21y 10m 20d

Who ever thinks the T56 6 Speed is a "truck box", and is sloppy for shifting obviously has never driven a car with T56 in it before. (or if they have - they have never driven a car with a T5 in it, to compare it to)

I have a a T56 in my ED XR8, and I find it far superior to the T5, and T3650 that are standard equipment from ford.

I was at Oran Park a couple of weeks ago, and I let a friend of mine (Brad) drive my car for a few laps. Brad works for ford. He is the head driving instructor for the Australian Academy of Motorsport, and the John Bowe institute in NSW, He is the guy that will do the driver training course for all FPV owners in NSW, He is also the guy who drives the GT's in the new GT add. (so... he knows one of two things about driving)

He was VERY impressed the T56 in my car. He was commenting on how the shift on it was so smooth.. He said he might even consider that as one of the mods he does to his XR6T after is out of warranty.

• Member For: 20y 6m 24d
Who ever thinks the T56 6 Speed is a "truck box", and is sloppy for shifting obviously has never driven a car with T56 in it before. (or if they have - they have never driven a car with a T5 in it, to compare it to)

I have a a T56 in my ED XR8, and I find it far superior to the T5, and T3650 that are standard equipment from ford.

I was at Oran Park a couple of weeks ago, and I let a friend of mine (Brad) drive my car for a few laps. Brad works for ford. He is the head driving instructor for the Australian Academy of Motorsport, and the John Bowe institute in NSW, He is the guy that will do the driver training course for all FPV owners in NSW, He is also the guy who drives the GT's in the new GT add. (so... he knows one of two things about driving)

He was VERY impressed the T56 in my car. He was commenting on how the shift on it was so smooth.. He said he might even consider that as one of the mods he does to his XR6T after is out of warranty.

It is a truck box that’s what is was originally designed for :) Swaped cogs for diffrent aplications.

Cheers

Tony

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 6m 13d

I dont think it being a truck box is a bad thing, I think the comment is more in relation to its strength.

• vrooom psshhht
  • Member For: 21y 10m 20d

I have driven trucks before... and I could only DREAM that they had a gearbox as nice as a T56.

The T56 is a heavy duty box, designed to take a LOT of power... The one in my car is the same one as used in the supercharged mustangs in the US... (last time I looked mustangs didnt resemble trucks :P )

I still dont get why the guys from APS are denying the T56 being in there car... I mean.. its on numerous forums, with hundreds of witnesses...

If they are implying that a T56 is not good enough for a car with APS gear in it... I guess I better do something quick... I mean... its only been 2 years since I did my 6 speed conversion, and 3 years since I got the unichip... so I probably only have minutes left before it stops working... :lol:

Guest jteale
  • Guests
I still dont get why the guys from APS are denying the T56 being in there car... I mean.. its on numerous forums, with hundreds of witnesses...

If they are implying that a T56 is not good enough for a car with APS gear in it... I guess I better do something quick... I mean... its only been 2 years since I did my 6 speed conversion, and 3 years since I got the unichip... so I probably only have minutes left before it stops working... :lol:

I think APS have dug a hole they cannot get out of ... I remember their being alot of talk regarding gear boxes and APS claiming (and continuting to do so) that the T5 is more than adequate for the Phase III (can't be seen to reverse this notion now). This is more than fair enough but I wouldn't want my car with a T5 and that much torque, much prefer the Auto (+ upgrades) which is what I've got :)

Everybody knows the T56 was in his car, everybody knows he is not saying it for his own reasons, perhaps alternatives will be released with Phase IV ... not sure why he is so evasive on the subject, but he is a businessman :)

Its a shame really, pretty sure I find it hard to trust them!

• Member For: 21y 6m 1d
NO T56 is rated at 540Nm, they are all either higher or lower. The six different versions used by Expensive Daewoo have all been rated at 474Nm. Our std box is rated at 610Nm. Ben.

Ben I see that Tremec have recently updated their torque ratings to 610Nm....... though importantly the torque rating is for a vehicle weight of just 1479 Kg............this weight is at least 200 Kgs lower than the XR6T actual vehicle weight.

So the REAL torque capacity of the T56 transmission is MUCH lower than 610Nm when utilised in a car which easily exceeds Tremecs specified GVW.

Now this lower torque capacity of the T56 (due to incresed car weight of the XR6T over the intended aplication which is the Ford Mustang 1479 kg) may still be within the specified Torque limits of Ford engineers..............we will all have to wait and see.

Peter

APS

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 14d
Im curious... everyone says they saw the T56 in the APS car... so for everyone to able to say this means that the car was on a hoist for everyone to see the T56  underneath?

No, a digital camera is sufficient.

Here's a picture of the T56 gearbox, clearly seen above the APS cat & exhaust.

The picture was taken at the Brisbane show.

Brian

post-34-1089700328.jpg