Hello!

Guest Fryman

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d
Picked a colour yet or do you have to go white?

Whatever you pick you'll love it.......

Especially if you pick Silhouette (like you said) ....

Welcome.

Tick the luxury pack and premium brakes as a mustdo. Unless you are going to do a lot of track days the Brembos are a waste of money.

There are plenty of aftermarket suspension options if you find the basic car is not up to your liking - 50% stiffer front springs, upgraded sway bars fr and rr, and konis all round would be $2,000 well spent. Personally I'd do this before a sunroof for the same money (or less).

Don't let the salesman talk you into an auto - stick to your guns and go the manual :ermm:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 2m 29d
You see, I work for telstra, and im ticking the option boxes, so anything tahts available ill be able to get on the car. suprisingly theres no option for upgraded suspension :(

Dude,if you're going through Telstra, its only worthwhile to get the luxury pack if you need the dual zone climate control. Otherwise its better to get the components of the luxpack as options.

If you don't mind, where do you work? Melbourne? :)

• Member For: 21y 1m 16d
thanks guys for your warm reception!

2 pot premium brakes! god damn.. im getting the option, but 4 or 6 pot ap racing or brembos would be nice!

You see, I work for telstra, and im ticking the option boxes, so anything tahts available ill be able to get on the car. suprisingly theres no option for upgraded suspension :(

Be prepared for a long wait :sleepystuff:

I just ordered my XR8 a couple of months ago through the Telstra car program - Due for delivery in October !!!

- there is a minimum 16 week order time to delivery ANY car

A bit ridiculous !!! But the prices are good and all fuel paid for ;) Important for the XR8 :spoton:

Edited by tomsykes

Guest SS75
  • Guests
QUOTE (SS75 @ Jun 28 2004, 01:06 PM)

Picked a colour yet or do you have to go white?

Whatever you pick you'll love it....... 

Especially if you pick Silhouette (like you said) ....

Ok so I read it fast............. :blink:

Guest Fryman
  • Guests

hahaaha!! sweet more telstra people! ok.. yes im getting it in silhouette.

I was just reading the spreadsheet and you cant have dvd + sunroof. DAMN I want both. whoever was asking where I work im in WDCS, check up my d number d217991! I love my job. you would never hear of anybody say something like that.. although the public think lil of telstra, they are awesome to work for.

its gonna be a wait they all tell me. but that's ok. IM NOT GETTING AUTO, although I must say, the test drive model I drove (it had done 16 kms) im impressed with the tiptronic. I havent heard of any rave reviews on cars that have got tiptronic, but that one is impressive!

telstra ppl talk to me! I wanna hear your pros and cons of salary sacrificing such a huge portion of your wages. and HOPEFULLY there is no telstra stuff on the car, it would spoil such a dark looking whale.

• Member For: 20y 2m 29d
hahaaha!! sweet more telstra people! ok.. yes im getting it in silhouette.

I was just reading the spreadsheet and you cant have dvd + sunroof. DAMN I want both. whoever was asking where I work im in WDCS, check up my d number d217991! I love my job. you would never hear of anybody say something like that.. although the public think lil of telstra, they are awesome to work for.

its gonna be a wait they all tell me. but that's ok. IM NOT GETTING AUTO, although I must say, the test drive model I drove (it had done 16 kms) im impressed with the tiptronic. I havent heard of any rave reviews on cars that have got tiptronic, but that one is impressive!

telstra ppl talk to me! I wanna hear your pros and cons of salary sacrificing such a huge portion of your wages. and HOPEFULLY there is no telstra stuff on the car, it would spoil such a dark looking whale.

Nah, there's no "Telstra values safe driving 0055 callmenow ..." sticker on them :)

Pros:

* I'd never buy a new car with a personal loan or with my own money. Too much depreciation and then they're hard to sell. With a company car you don't care about either.

* Everythings paid for (all you can eat), even the Mobil Synergy and Optimax :lol:

* You have no cash outlay so you can use the money for other investments.

* If you quit your job or get fired, just hand the keys back.

* You can buy it out later if you want., or if its a lemon give it back and walk away.

Cons:

* Its only worthwhile if you're in the upper tax bracket and you do over 15,000 kms per year.

* You can't make any mods and limited options available

Mate, just get one! You only live once and its well worth the grin factor. :spoton: