luv the beast, but the 'whine' cracks me

Guest D.POPOV

Guest D.POPOV
  • Guests

g'day guys, first time poster long time reader. Picked up my beast last week and I luv it. however, the whine or whizing noise that it makes is really becoming annoying. its definetly not the turbo (cause I sold my gts skline for this beast, so I know what a turbo sounds like. anyway, I get the impression that this may not be an isolated problem, I read that others also hear and suffer from this annoyance. has anyone worked out what it could be and how it can be fixed??

cheers 4 the feedback

• Member For: 20y 5m 18d

If its at low speeds and is a rubbing noise than it could be the handbrake lining/shoes need tightening.

Fixed 3 times, paid first time, still givin me greif. :Welcome2FordXR6t:

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 2d

I'm thinking it's your Audio, probably an earth loose/missing. Dealer should be able to track it down, hopefully.

Welcome to the site, does your brother swim?

Scotty

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 15d

Have you checked the obvious sources like.... do you only hear the whine when your wife is in the car?

A bad tradesman blames his tools!

Sorry, nothing constructive to post :lol:

• Member For: 20y 3m 14d

hey there d.popov... I just had high end amp and speakers fitted to my xr6t ( to replace the only just adequate ones) and the owner of the store that installs them said that the ba has a very noisy electrical system... meaning that the electrical wires can cause the speakers to buzz or in your description whine... I would suggest taking it to a reputable stereo store or installer and road test it with them and see what they think...

• Member For: 21y 11d

Guys

I think that if you don't know the difference from a stereo whine to a mechanical whine then we have serious problems

I'll go back to my corner now

Guest D.POPOV
  • Guests

thanxs for the feedback guys. the whine is also heard when the stereo is off, if that narrows it down. other than ive just gone from a skyline gts to the xr6t, and I dont regret one little bit :sleepystuff: