Premium Audio

richdave

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 6d

l seen an XR6 that had premium audio and it had tweetes mounted in the A pillar. Same as in the up spec AU's.

Would you believe the premium audio in the Crumodore SS doesnt even have speakers in the rear parcel shelf, they are all mounted in the front and rear doors. It sounded as bad as you would expect.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
l seen an XR6 that had premium audio and it had tweetes mounted in the A pillar. Same as in the up spec AU's.

Would you believe the premium audio in the Crumodore SS doesnt even have speakers in the rear parcel shelf, they are all mounted in the front and rear doors. It sounded as bad as you would expect.

I can verify this - you have to go to the 10 speaker system in the Calais to get semi-decent sound. In the Berlina with the "Premium" system the six speakers are four door speakers and two tweeters. I blew them with the standard system pretty quickly - how they can call it a premium system and get away with it I'll never know.

Guest Phantom Chick
  • Guests

The Premium Sound system has a total power output of 250W. The standard system is 100Watt, then by adding the subwoofer and tweeters you get an additional 150W.

As for the number of speakers, it goes like this:

Base audio: 4 Speakers

Presige audio: 6 Speakers

Premium audio: 11 Speakers

A chick that knows what she is talking about! :)

Guest GIANT
  • Guests

I HAVE PREMIUM SOUND ORDERED IN MINE TOO!

it will be interesting to see how they configure mine as I am getting a xr6t UTE !

wonder where the sub will be?

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 27d
I HAVE PREMIUM SOUND ORDERED IN MINE TOO!

it will be interesting to see how they configure mine as i am getting a xr6t UTE !

wonder where the sub will be?

I didnt think you got all that when you bought a UTE. I though the sound setup was a bit different.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m 28d

Th upgraded audio in the Ute does not have a sub woolfer and is only 100 watt 6-speaker AM/FM Stereo Radio with 6-disc in-dash CD.

The only change I can ascertain is it has the in dash 6 stacker. that's it folks!

refer to:

http://www.newfalcon.com.au/ute/htmlPageFr...stination=specs