A 4" Dump And 3.75" 100Cpi Cat Fitted

BensXR6T

• Member For: 15y 8m 27d

Hi Guys,

thought I would share a few pics of the 4" mild steel dump, 3.75" CAT and custom 3.5" mandrel bent into 2x 2.5" redback exhaust. Pics are a bit crappy cos I only had my phone on me at the time.

I had the redback system fitted last year and thought it was about time to scrap the standard cat and dump. Here's the results:

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

This one will give you an idea of how big 3.5" is when compared to the tail shaft:

e3.jpg

3.75" 100cpi CAT

e5.jpg

They knocked this collector up within minutes:

e4.jpg

End result:

e6.JPG

If anyone wants any custom pipe work done, these guys are highly recommended, I've been using them for nearly 10 years now. Next job for them will be to bend up some hot side piping and intake.

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by BensXR6T

Hardly hear the exhaust note at all, the only annoying noise is the sound of the gasses hitting the thin wall of the dump pipe, specially when the flapper opens. Thinking about getting the dump ceramic coated to see if it shuts it up a bit in that regard.

Yeah, but the problem with wrapping it is that it keeps the heat in the pipe which can lead to fractures. It only makes a racket when I'm up it, kinda scared the poop outa some people waiting to cross the road the other day when the flapper slammed open :blink: