A Question To Those Who...

Paradoxx

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 25d

I fitted some PBR Premium brakes this arvo... full kit with slotted rotors, PBR calipers and braided lines.

I managed to figure out how the old ones came off and how the new ones fitted on fine. It took a few hours and a few swear words, but the end result looks mint. :msm:

My question is this: When you took it for a drive did you notice a difference in the way the brakes work? Does it feel firmer or spongier?? How far do you have to push the pedal to get them to work hard?? :thumbsup:

I ask this because, after bleeding all four calipers twice, it seems the brakes are much spongier and I have to push the pedal further to get them to work. The car pulls up fine, I can even get the ABS to start dancing... it brakes in a straight line for me too which is an even bigger bonus with no brake shudder and I doubt I would get them to fade.

Do I need to bleed them again?? :msm:

I was using clear hose so I could see if any bubbles were coming out, and the second time I went round all the brakes no air bubbles were visible at all.

If I'm not happy with the difference I will most likely take the car somewhere and get them fixed (still cheaper than the 2 hours labour they quoted to fit them).

Any thoughts?

Will post pictures soon

Steve

• HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 21y 3m 7d

Did you go through the bedding in procedure?? I was told that you should go easy on them for the few hundred kays.

Might need to check for air in the lines too, I did this twice and found a few bubbles. Certainly made a difference with the pedal.

My brakes are a bit spongier than the standard ones but still pull up alot stronger. You will get used to it.

Enjoy

Kaine :thumbsup:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 25d

Thanks kaine, they are second hand so bedding in doesnt matter really. I wasnt sure about whether it was something I will have to get used to or not. I have driven cars with much much worse brakes than this though!

• Member For: 21y 6m 18d
Yeh I made sure it wasnt run dry. It will have to be later I think... cbf any more lol

Up to anything mate? :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have no problem helping you mate but im off to a friend's place tonight for her birthday party...

Definitely keep bleeding them though...

• HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 21y 3m 7d

ooops my bad :msm:

In that case make em bleeeeeeeed!!! certainly worth the money, sounds like you got a good deal. Did you get the braided lines with it?

Kaine :thumbsup: